Friday 3rd December 2021 - Don't cry xxxx, not in front of me

Morning

Let's see if these lyrics are the sort Ale is looking for...

Don't cry xxx, not in front of me

Back in a bit (work calls).

What: yesterday's speed-/hillwork
Why: bit CNBA and was icy on top so retreated to the turbo instead
Last hard: 45 minutes on the turbo (yawn)
Last rest: 2.12.21

Comments

• Morning!

I'm sure those lyrics are fine, Hazel! Not that I know them!

Yesterday's were A Winter's Tale, David Essex. 

What: probably just an easy 20 minutes

Why: ran hard in part yesterday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale should have known them!  Definitely don't know today's.
    Another v dark start to day.
    Probably another walk and some coffee with a friend. Maybe make some mincemeat and bread.
    Christmas prep all seems a bit flat now we can't see family.
    Dustin...I didn't say I could do all the yoga but I survived.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Early start today (5am train) so that I can (a) get a short run in and (b) leave early
    What: 3-4 miles with some strides
    Why: County League XC race 2 tomorrow
    last rest: 14/10
    last hard: Getting up this morning!
    Comedy night tonight too at a local hostelry. Usually get a few decent stand ups, so I expect to be tickled (if I stay awake). 
    lyric - hmmm, not sure, will ponder
  • So, various tasks d&d but not looking forward to the next so have time for some foruming..

Like the idea of you patching up the water dispenser plumbing rather than patients yesterday OH.  Egg custard is even worse!

Are you / family back to official restrictions Els?  I can smell that bread and the mincemeat already...

Sorry to hear you have been ill again emzap.  Good luck with the daily run in December.  I'm feeling a bit lacking in motivation at the moment - should likely look for a plan to work with to help with that, it has in the past.

Snow is still around at the moment chicksta as it was a cold night. Just a sprinkling though.   Enjoy deploying the mistletoe!

Good work on the faster bit yesterday Ale. 

Uff early start indeed Dustin, hope you can get out early as well.  Good luck with the xc tomorrow and enjoy your night out. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    dustin enjoy todays run and good luck tomorrow!
    els that sounds very festive!
    lyrics today no and I should have known yesterdays as well
    alehouse enjoy your run, Glad spurs you some points for you
    hazel don't blame you with ice around!
    WHat: teeny one this  morning, more later
    Why: why not
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 24/7

have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Run up and down the hill. Not broken any PBs but managed it for the first time in about 6 months, maybe more.
    Off to aqua running now maybe swim later.
    Lyrics no.

Hard? Waiting for Royal Mail to deliver cable to rest out AV hypothesis.
  • On less positive note 5k around scapa with a wee walk after 2miles, knee still sore.
    Despite having a try with Kirkwall's greatest shopper not much progress with that!
  • Sorry to hear the knee is still grumpy, Els.

Well done, OH. Progress 👍🏻

Weather sounds nasty, Hazel. We're back home and the mistletoe is up. I'm not usually one for decorating but that stuff (and holly) is pretty.

Enjoy the show, Dustin.

So, were back home and the weather is shite. Strong winds, wet flurries and about 1 degree but it feels like minus 10. Absolute cnba weather 😉

Tomorrow is another day.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all 

1.8 km from me with 9 squats, 3 press ups and 15 sec plank. 
    My lags are feeling it and I've not even done a 5km yet. But I'm still not really 100% either.

Got a market tomorrow so will try and do a short run before we head off. It's in a yurt, so hopefully some shelter but will still be cold.

Chick have you been on hols?

Happy Friday!