Thursday 16th December 2021 Out of all the reindeers you know

Morning!

Lyrics: Out of all the reindeers you know you are the mastermind

What: a run at some point. Will see how the legs are: they weren't too keen yesterday. 

Why: Ashes watching first plus need to go into town. Should stretch whilst watching or listening.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Dodgy sounding events regarding your neighbour Ale. Balmy temperatures. (currently freezing fog and -0.3 here and likely won't get much warmer).  Hope the legs perk up a bit for the run later.  Sounds like a sensible approach to doing some work as of January.

Good to get out of work early yesterday for the beach Els.  I read about the puffins on BBC yesterday - sad..

Close escape with the club events then Wabo.  Hope QoP inflicted some good pain.

Hope the video social was nice Chicksta.  The logistics of 2g+ for going out for a meal with the PIL (southern Germany) would be too much - I would be the only one who would need to test as my 2nd jab will be more than 6mths ago on 20.12 and I won't be able to get a booster until next year sometime.  Getting a test done at the right moment and the results back in time would be pretty unlikely.  FIL also needs an op in January and needs to be careful - he shouldn't be gadding around in restauraunts.

Translation of 2g+: = vaxxed or had it and the plus = also tested.  Unless you are boostered already in which case you don't need to test..

Sounds like a nice day yesterday Dustin.

What: turbo
    Why: running rest day today
    Last hard: yesterday's hill sprints - made good use of a bridge over the motorway - not that steep but certainly felt the incline in comparison to the strides I did afterwards.
    Last rest: 16.12.21

Lyrics: hmm.. is there a twist somewhere? 

• Complicated doing the right thing Hazel, I've decided against yoga this morning as room is stuffy and unventilated, have a better set up on Tuesdays but there again Peter has been to lots of things yesterday so does it make any odds? Don't want to do anything to jeopardise getting away next week. Work is maybe the riskiest thing!
    Ale, sounds like a rough night for you the other night. 
    Making first batch of mince pies then will go for a run(carefully) then maybe a walk with friend. Sounds like a busy work day tomorrow.
    Have a good day all.
  • Morning again!

I presume that is you posting, Els! And yes, things sound very complicated for many at present...and I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

What:  32 minutes, largely off road

Why: just right for today! Never did my stretches. Possibly later. Quite chilly today and could have done with gloves.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I've been keeping up my running every day, just work has been so full on I have chosen to run rather than post.

Tonight I'll go to club for a social run. I've cancelled going to the Christmas party as I don't want to risk covid but I have been triple jabbed as of Tuesday.

Ale that sounds like an eventful night!
    Wabo 5 is a lot!
    Els how is the nose?
    Hazel sounds sensible

Have a great day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse I only heard about your players  today, it is all very strange. Sounds like a good run you had
    emzap yep I guess it is a lot really.  Everyone is cancelling everything at the moment
    els take care, happy baking!
    hazel have a good non running day, the hill one sounds like something my club used to do pre Olympic village!
    what: 25 mins d&d, marcothon day 16
    why: 25 mins is all I need, but I am trying to get more distance each day now
    last hard, this morning
    last rest: 24/7

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse its postponed
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Emz, good going running every day! And you Wabo.
    Ale - yep, confused again, my excuse is we have a new PC which is still a bit alien!
    Ran earlier, was dark damp and drizzly, now there is even blue sky! Ah well. 8 miles felt hard! Briefly joined up with 2 faster runners who just appeared at the end of our road, only for half a mile before our paths diverged! A little muddy in places. Then a walk with a work friend.
    Now I need to get Christmas cards written.
    Still not braved Wideford hill since the nose accident, it's a lot better though will probably be a bit squint long term.
  • Thanks Wabo! 
  • Had to chuckle at the identity crisis.

Hazel and others: Covid is making everything rather complicated ...  

Em: were you ok after the booster? I needed a whole week before I felt like running again. Good job keeping up the daily running. 

Hope the legs were OK, ale

Yesterday's lyrics were Queen with their Winter's Tale

Just 5k this morning. Slight hangover. Did a little Zoom piss-up with the girls from work ;)