Monday 20th December 2021 City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style

Morning!

Lyrics: City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style
In the air, there's a feeling of Christmas

What: around an hour

Why: M76 will decide. Or my legs will.

Did you go to the match, Wabo?

9 miles then 10 sounds good to me, Els.

And you should be happy with yesterday's run, Hazel!

Hope the hamstring is manageable, Dustin.

Yesterday's lyrics were Rockin around the Christmas Tree, by a 13 year old Brenda Lee.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Will be interesting who comes out on top Ale (the legs or M76..).  Yep - I was happy with yesterday's run.  A bit surprised how tired the legs are today though - no big jump in distance over the last couple of weeks and not massively overfast (just a little bit).  Bit niggly though thanks to turning my ankle - was cruising along a supposedly smooth bit of tarmac and whoops..  Nothing much to worry about though.

Moon was lovely the last couple of days Chicksta - at least it was on Saturday, was hiding behind a thick blanket of fog yesterday unfortunately.  Well done on going out for the 5m.

Have a good start to the week all.

What: turbo / walk
    Why: Monday is currently a rest day runningwise
    Last rest: 20.12.21
    Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

What: just over 60 minutes, slowly, largely off road

Why: M76 had raced in his club handicap yesterday hence it was slower than usual. And a little shorter than last week. 

Grey and about 5 degrees. No breeze.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I was at the match alehouse, I have heard all the stuff about kane should have had a red card, we were lucky etc etc.  BUT as I was there, I agree about Kane but I also feel we deserved a point, we should have won to be fair  It was a great game and atmosphere

Nice running alehouse
    hazel did you race?  Well done - I will readback.  hope the niggle comes to nothing
    lyrics no

What: something later
    why: too tired this morning to bother
    last hard: yesterday morning, nice short run with oh
    last rest: 24/7

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel not a race I see, but great distance
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo, I thought a draw was about right. Could have gone either way and neither team deserved to lose.

An hour of cross training d&d in daughter's garden. And supplied her with a dozen and a half mince pies to take to work tomorrow. Looks like I need to make some more.
  • Ale - mince pies just out of oven here, better than the first lot!
    Mega shopping done as don't intend to do a big supermarket shop while away, though we await lastest tweak to regulations.
    3m only today Ale, beautiful but v cold on the beach.
    Good run yesterday Hazel!
    Complete work mess phoned at 1.30 to say my list patients had arrived, only problem was had checked on Friday and I 'm not on until Wed, complete chaos but now rearranged as someone coming round imminently and am sick of this happening!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done on the hour plus the cross training
    Els - sounds like chaos!
    Chick - tbh my legs are usually OK on hills, I think it's the faster running that aggravated it. (faster being relative)
    Hazel - well done on the HalfM distance
    Wabo - I didn't see the footy, but most reports I read said he was a lucky boy.

What - easy 10k then QoP
    Why - recovery then hamstring treatment
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - QoP I reckon
    The fact I can run on it makes her thing it's a minor(type 1) tear and has prohibited speedwork until the new year (I didn't really cheer at that point).
    TBH marathon training is still about mileage accumulation, I'll have to drop next week's LT session and this week's strides. Should hopefully still maintain some mileage though.
  • Dustin: no speedwork. Boo. Hiss 😆

Oh no Els. You need some German order in that practice 😉

Muscles get lazy so easily, Hazel. I'm sure the next longer runs will be fine 😊

Bet your daughter was happy about the help and the mince pies, Ale.

Lovely day here but somehow my HR was doing strange things and my legs felt heavy. So only 5k done.