Wednesday 22nd December 2021 The child is a king, the carolers sing

Morning!

Lyrics: The child is a king, the carolers sing
The old has passed, there's a new beginning

Lots of lyrics to choose from at this time of year so no idea why I have chosen these.

What: short run, probably

Why: see what the legs feel like doing
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Yesterday's lyrics: In the bleak midwinter, orginally by Rossetti / Holst.

Minus 4 yesterday evening for us too chicksta - waiting for the traditional xmas thaw to set in as of tomorrow though. 

Nice pic yesterday Els.  Glad you also found some running buddies and nicely picking up the mileage.

Sorry to hear about the corona disruptions to your respective Christmas plans Dustin and Ale.  Hope you can mostly freeze the food.

Fingers crossed for the oustanding test results Emzap.

What: about 10k with a nasty looking workout with 200s. (2 x 4 x)..
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 20.12.21

Lyrics: no
  • Morning! 
    Quiet fracture clinic in progress then travel as far as Inverness. Today will be a rest day I think otherwise known as tidy up at home a bit before we leave.
    Have a good day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Dustin so sorry to hear about your Daughter and the Christmas plans :-(
    Hazel I ran on the treadmill Monday lol.  Enjoy your run today
    ran outdoors yesterday
    lyrics no
    what: short run this morning, it more later
    why: time constraints as ever
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

I am pretty sure everyone does know the lyrics, really!

Thought of you and OH on my run this morning, Els! See below!

What: 40 minutes walk prior to a short run on the side of a mountain

Why: took the car to be valeted prior to MOT this pm. 40 minutes walk to keep warm, then drove to HM Common for a little hill work: hardly the side of a mountain by certainly tough enough for me at present. 

Baking in full swing: currently Stollen, using LMH's recipe. Cakes were iced earlier in the week; bicotti made yesterday and more mince pie pastry chilling ready for another batch tomorrow. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I think I do know the lyrics....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I have none of the first item in the title, but plenty of the second: that should confirm that you know the lyrics, Wabo!
  • Sorry - can't remember your travel plans but travel well Elspeth and OH.

Glad to hear you did your runs Wabo.

Fingers crossed for the car Ale.  Sniffs the air for the scent of baking but sadly none present here. 

200s done at lunchtime - surprisingly were good fun. 
  • MOT success, Hazel. Have done less than 4000 miles this year, I realised! Glad the 200s went well!
  • For a moment I thought you'd run less than 4000 miles, Ale  :D  (which you probably have) 
    Glad the MOT was successful.

Sorry to hear about Covid in your familiy, Dustin. Hope your kids stay without symptoms. 

And fingers crossed, Emz that your family is spared.

It seems to get increasingly more difficult to avoid Covid now. I think every single one in my WhatsApp group in the UK had it! Luckily all had multiple vaccinations so most stayed asymptomatic or had very slight symptoms. More cases being reported at work too. I'm hiding in my home office right now.

Have the first week in January off but I don't think we'll be going anywhere. Right now bingewatching Netflix holds a certain appeal :) 

Safe travels Els and OH. 

Nice bit of speedwork, Hazel. Is this P&D or are you trying something else?

I shall resume parkrun and speedwork in the New Year. My hamstring seems to be almost back to normal and I don't want to make it worse again. 

Another 5 miles - I waited until lunchtime but everything was still frozen and the wind was pretty nasty. 
  • Ha chick I thought Ale had run just short of 4000m too!
    On boat just now, Inverness tonight we hope and pick up R late afternoon in Edinburgh airport.
    I never manage to tally up my miles for the year...has been a bit on/off but reasonable overall I think!
  • Travel well, Els/OH!

As I work in kilometres when running, I was never going to make 4000 miles. Will, of course, be aiming for 2022 Kms next year, and hopefully lots of you can join me. Or aim for 2022 miles.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thanks for all the thoughts. We're all OK, and #2 now back from Uni for a few weeks.
    I guess it was inevitable really - good job we bought a chest freezer for the garage!!
    what - 7 miles trails
    why - recovery/easy/clear head
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - all easy running at the moment, Christmas and covid on the other hand... (bah humbug)