Friday 24th December - Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!

Hiya 
Lyric - Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!

What - club run over the fields and woods
Why - Tradition
last rest - 24/10
last hard - ages ago...

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas!

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes! Only because I nearly used them. In fact know the song twice over!

Yesterday's were Fairytale of New York, The Pogues

What: something shortly. Probably fairly short.

Why: legs will dictate

Supermarket d&d for top up shop: deserted!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning...lyrics no!
    Got here last night after a lot of driving!
    Had a little run this morning...only 4m and got a bit lost.
    Nice to see some of the family again!
    Have a good Christmas all!
  • Morning again!

All sounds good, Els!

What: just over 30 minutes largely off road

Why: about what I wanted, in bright sunshine and around 9 degrees. Now grey of course. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Meant to say,  all sound positive, Emz! Enjoy dad...and yes, I don't think it takes a clairvoyant to tell us of impending further restrictions! And I would have no idea how to draw an angel shaped running route! 

Have "spoken" with RFJ: struggling rather with the MS, but battling!

Just waiting for much tested younger son to arrive for three nights. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all. Shattered, baking cooking etc etc oh and wrapping! 
    Lyrics no
    Emzap have a great time
    Alehouse that all sounds lovely
    Sorry to hear about rfj though
    Els glad You're there and well done on the 4 miles
    Dustin nice running
    Have a great time tomorrow all!
    What only 25 mins
    Why so much else to do
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Quite relaxed here cooking wise as not doing as much cooking as at home...made stuffing and cranberry sauce and picked up extra milk etc. Climbed local small hill with Peter just now...absolutely freezing up there...would guess 1 or 2 degrees! Nice views...now getting dark a wee bit later than at home.
    Can imagine life is tough for RFJ Ale...pass on regards.
    Wabo...time to chill or got a houseful if grandkids?
  • Well our snow turned to train overnight and is all gone again. We really suck at winter 😆

Glad you made it, Els. 1 degree here at sea level 😊

Poor RFJ 😔 must be tough.

Nice running tradition, Dustin.

7 miles in sleet earlier. Now preparing Xmas dinner for my family.

Merry Christmas ⛄🌲 all
  • Evening!

Merry Christmas from me too!  Chicksta will likely start us off this evening.  Good luck with the cooking and well done on the 7m in the sleet - not the nicest of conditions.  

Club run sounds nice Dustin.

You were lucky with the weather for your run and the supermarket today Ale.  Sad to hear that about RFJ.  Enjoy having your son around.

Glad you arrived well Els - enjoy your family.

Sounds like you need an hour on the sofa with your feet up Wabo.  Maybe something nice to drink (could even be a nice mug of tea..)?  

Similar for emzap.  

Picked up a few last minute things shoppingwise today - was surprised not to have to queue anywhere but avoided the supermarket and the butchers.  

Quiet sort of Christmas Eve here - would normally have gone to Midnight Mass.  Off to the PIL tomorrow for around 24 hours.  I have postponed more elaborate cooking to around New Year - just cheese fondue this evening.  Actually nice and handy as doesn't really involve cooking.

What: LT intervals - 12, 10, 8 with 4 mins recoveries 
    Why: speedwork 2 for this week
    Last hard: that was - dropped off the pace a bit for the 8 minutes despite swearing (silently) at the legs.  Not bothered though as I'm working on rebuilding the speedier stuff.
    Last rest: 23.12.21  

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh cheese fondue is an amazing idea! Will suggest it to hubby for new year's eve!

2.5 km done today in a strop
    Lucas being so difficult today. None of us have slept for most of the week and it's been a tough day!  
    Not finished all my Christmas presents but I can't do any more!  
    Fingers crossed everyone has a good sleep and we are all happier in the morning!

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas Eve ans father Christmas brings lots of goodies.

Lucas insisted father Christmas needs an orange tonight 😂🤣