A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie I am sorry to hear about the COVID, hopefully it will be mild. 

Cal delighted to hear about a better run. Like you I am looking forward to it being light at 0600, I feel so much better if the run is done early and in daylight.

MrMr2 I think my extra layers at the moment were caused by Christmas pudding! 

We had snow yesterday and woke this morning to an ice rink Torvill and Dean could have used, so back on the TM! 

YTD: 59.75 (used a calculator today!)
  • TT, I've gained 5lbs since Christmas...my own fault. Went shopping today, head full of clean eating, but came back with discounted Christmas goodies and a tub of ice cream.  :D

Hobie, bad luck there... I've started making a point of busting out a few sun salutations pre-run. I'd love it if my hips, groin and hamstrings would all work in harmony instead of making each other angry all the time.

• Hobie, keep your spirits up.
    Donnie well done on getting over it for the start of the year.
    Thank you TT and MrM2.
    Cal, , my youngest's mother in law and I have challenged each other to lose weight we have put on by asking 10 people to sponsor us a £1 for every lb we lose by Christmas 2022.  We did start of by thinking we would give the total to a charity but have decided to go for a slap up meal at a posh place ourselves - because we would have made the sacrifices ourselves and should be rewarded.
    Had a day off after the last posting but been steady since - am back to Barking Parkrun tomorrow where I will stat adding to my pacing volunteer role.
    Talking of pacing I have put my name forward to pace at the London Landmarks Half in April.

05/01 - 4.35
    06/01 - 4.35
    07/01 - 4.35
    (13.05)

YTD = 32.82 miles
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Hope you bounce back soon.

Decided to go with the shorts today. Glad I did; soon warmed up. Wind and some light rain, but a bit of sunshine was a bonus.

So, 10 miles, keeping to 10min/mile pace until the last couple of miles. O'all pace; 10:08/mile. Happy.
    Third consecutive day of running; don't usually do that. (6 miles yesterday).

YTD: 43' .
  • Good afternoon everyone

Great running esp TT

Hobie hope it's just mild for you

Been a slow start to the year for me, been busy at work and we had heavy rain for the first few days of January, our first rain since March 2020 and we had lots of flooding, we aren't really set up for rain here. 

Runstreak day 374

1.1 2.18
    2.1 1.37
    3.1 5.14
    4.1 5.13
    5.1 7.27
    6.1 3.17
    7.1 1.07
    8.1 3.42

YTD 28.75 miles

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR we too have had heavy rain, and sleet, and snow! Unlike Dubai Yorkshire is completely set up for it. Hopefully you are safe? 

MrMr2 delighted to read you are now a three day in a row runner, well done. Great start to the year. 

Harmander that sounds like a great idea, who has the most to lose? 

Cal I am fortunate that the OH does the food shopping, except for chocolate, I guard that responsibility very carefully.

It's typical Yorkshire weather, and the ice has not completely gone so back to the gym for the TM. The new gym space, with new equipment is opening on Tuesday, looking forward to it. 

YTD: 75.47
  • TT, me of course.  She is 4' 10" and weighs 57.2kg (9 Stone) but wants t0 lose at  least 9lb. She needs to lose 10grams /day to achieve it. Her son who is a GP has confused her by offering to pay her £100 for every pound she puts on as a spoiler. lol.
    If I lose an ounce a day (28grams) I will lose just under 23lbs.
    Have started my pacing at parkrun again. Promised 39 minutes and the results email reads:
    Barking parkrun results for event #429. Your time was 00:39:00. I can live with that.
    30 seconds off each week from now on until 30 minutes by end of March but giving myself a few weeks cushion in case of niggles.

08/01 - 6.87 miles

YTD = 39.69 miles

• TT, was glad of my wife's 4x4 last week but all cleared up now, although we are only hitting mid 20s during the day, was at the Polo club last night and they were bringing blankets round as it was cold outside, dropped to 19 degrees!! 
  • That's just mean, Harmander! Though I'd be tempted to stack on a few pounds at that price.
    I do need to lose about half a stone myself to get back to racing weight...maybe more. I'm not going to stress about it though.

Another 4 today...a roadtrip to Kingdom parkrun today, which is a fantastic venue, if not exactly fast. Did a 1 mile warm-up plus the parkrun, which came in at 30:09. Not fast, though my heart was. I am some kind of freak, I think.

YTD: 33
  • 17 today...was hoping for 18 but I was too bloody knackered. Still, furthest I've run for a bit.

YTD: 50
  • Great running Cal, good miles.
    I'm such a bad boy...I know, due to covid I'm supposed to isolate but can't help getting out on a lonely coast path...don't think I was any risk to anyone but myself. 
    48 miles YTD 
    4967 ft elevation 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Good to see the 1000 mile gang back together. 

Hobie: take care, I was virtually asymptomatic but found the return to running difficult. I'd say the first four post covid runs were like wading though treacle!

TT and cal: liking your long runs.

Since last updating I've been around my standard 5 mile loop three times and completed a muddy parkrun in just over 25 mins which I was happy enough about. 

Ytd: 28.1
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Rain?!...can just imagine you stomping through all the puddles!

TT... You are certainly off to a flyer with 75' already! (Just the ONE thousand this year???)

Harmander... Congrats. on the parkrun pacing! You've got quite a challenge to maintain that success for the next few weeks. (Any reason why you are only going to 30mins?!!!)

Cal... Well done on your busy week-end; parkrun and a 17(!) miler.

Hobie... I would say you are already 'isolated' living where you do!

Donnie... Guess there would have been few 'non-muddy' parkruns yesterday! Have to say that I avoid the unnecessary, muddy routes; my ankles can suffer even with firm running.

Got out in this afternoon's fine weather for a 7' run. (Had thoughts of going longer, but that was run number 5 for the week...43 miles.)

YTD: 50' .
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 we have booked to cycle coast to coast in September, after our three week cycling tour of Vietnam was shunted into next year! So I have a feeling after the Manchester marathon I will be on that bike.

Donnie good to see you back out, are you heading to NE Lincs? 

Hobie we are the same, once I am out of the estate, which is about 150 steps I am on isolated paths and roads. Can run for miles and miles without seeing anything, not ever a tractor!

Cal 17 and a PR in one weekend, well done. 

DR good to hear you are okay, we had the same thing at a conference in SA, winter so about 18 degrees, locals were cold, blankets out, some of my colleagues were in shorts!

Harmander that is quite cruel. Perfect pacing there. Are you pacing the GNR? I am thinking about putting my name in the ballot. 

Could not be bothered to rise as I knew it would be cold! Back in the gym, WU then four miles starting at MP and ending at 10km pace. Long WD.

YTD: 83.34

Looking forward to hill reps on Wednesday so I can add some elevation.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... All the best for those long bike sessions. Can't get comfortable on a bike. A friend who runs a little and cycles a lot is in awe that I can be on my feet for three or four hours, and I'm in awe that he can be on a saddle for much longer, every week-end!

OK, so only 40 mins on my feet today, for a mediocre 4 miles. (Spent almost as long shopping around for self-test kits ...without success! Daughter has tested positive, and needs to test on certain days. Mrs M and myself don't need to self-isolate but should be self-testing daily. We all did a test at a drive-through site in Bournemouth, a few days ago.)

YTD: 54' .
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 I find cycling totally different to running, in that we stop more! I don't stop after an hour run to have hot chocolate and cake, then an hour later for lunch! 

Very slow, short, and hideous run this morning, but fortunately the weather has improved and I should be outside tomorrow 🥳

YTD: 87.47
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Have to say it's a bit of a slog at the moment which has literally never happened before. I feel I've never really got over my efforts in the October manchster marathon, the minor hip issue and then covid all in the final 10 weeks of 2021. At the moment, my body feels like the moving parts have fused together and I'm tired. Anyway, 5 miles last night. 

TT: I mentioned I'll probably do a spring HM with NE lincolnshire and Retford in the frame, yet to enter but pretty sure it'll be Scunthorpe for the NE lincs. 

Ytd: 33.1
  • Right there with you, Donnie. I'm struggling a bit. A really slow and rubbish 5 miles yesterday and a lacklustre 6 miles today. Should have been longer but didn't feel like it.

YTD: 61
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal I am sorry to hear that you did not feel like running any further this morning. Do you run three days in a row?

Donnie we will most likely meet in Scunthorpe!

So much for the weather forecast, opened the front door and went on the TM. Six miles of pyramid hills with a mile at MP at the end, with a long WU and WD. Gym much more crowded, the new equipment arrived yesterday.

YTD: 96.45
  • TT, usually it's T/W/Th then Sa/Su or T/W then Fri/Sa/Su. I generally prefer to do the three in the middle of the week, but I'll often go by weather or how I feel.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just a seven mile run today. Tried sections of 'slow, steady, fast'. Not easy to evaluate that session with the route being quite undulating, but the body thought it did well. (2nd opinion tomorrow)

YTD: 61' .
  • Gorgeous evening last night here, very chilly, clear and calm...perfect for a sneaky Covid solo 6 miler.
    Felt really good, enjoyed that and tests now showing negative.
    58 miles YTD 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    After work 5 milers on Tues and Wed. Couple of days off due to family stuff so next outing is parkrun. I suspect the small break will be a good thing. 

Ytd: 43.1
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    I am sick of ice, totally and utterly fed up with it!

Back on the TM, the new ones in the gym have new running routes.

WU and WD plus 9miles at MP+30-90.

YTD: 107.73 🥳
  • Two weeks in: a gentle start but just about on target. 

YTD: 38
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cal, Not mean at all, profitable actually.
    MrM2, before COVID I used to go down to pacing at 27 minutes before reverting to 35 and starting again. Given I am still not 100% I feel even 30 for 5k is a 4:13 marathon pace - I don't intend to pace any faster than say 5 hours any more as I find the runners trying to beat slower times are more grateful for getting the through.
    TT - I hope to get called up and will take the 2:45 slot - it's back on the original course I hear.

Have been taking it steady with 4.35 miles daily since last posting (on 8 January)

(26.10)

YTD = 62.79 miles
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Four miles yesterday and 5 miles today. Lovely running weather but getting tired of the same old roads.
    Needing to keep to shorter runs at the moment. Mrs M shouldn't be left alone for too long, and she now has Covid. However, we are triple-jabbed so will hopefully not suffer too seriously.

YTD: 70' .
  • Freedom...Covid free, Friday night run club was our biggest to date with 23 runners...hopefully not just a post Christmas guilt thing.
    68 miles YTD 
  • Good news, Hobie.
    Sorry about the missus, MrM2...not what you need right now.

Took a couple of days off running but did Tonbridge parkrun today (plus customary one mile warm-up), which I'm sure would be lovely when it isn't shrouded in fog, as it was today. Again, not fast, as it was rather congested and also quite muddy, but around 29:30 or so which makes it the fastest of the year. The only way is up.

YTD: 65
  • I'm in... and depending how it goes I might migrate to the 2022 in 2022