A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Can't see how to edit a post... I'm at 66 miles so far and counting
  • wheatism, you have to edit it within a certain amount of time (I think it's an hour but might be half an hour) as after that the post gets locked in and you can't change it. Anyway, welcome aboard!

18 miler today...tough but glad to have got it done.

YTD: 83
  • Great news Hobie
    I have a similar situation at times with my son MrM2, bloody hard but you just got to do it.
    Cal, looking good with your progress - fancy a 10km on 6 February to mark Platinum Jubilee - - for local charity?

Yesterday I learnt that I cannot multi-task - tried to synchronise phone (Runkeeper) with my cheap watch and ended up doing 80 seconds faster than pace time at parkrun. The good news is that I feel I can safely knock off 30 seconds a week for next three weeks as planned.

7.99 miles and another 4.35 miles today 

YTD = 75.13 miles
  • I'd say yes Harmander, but I've the Winter Run the following Sunday so that Sunday really needs to be left for a long run.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie well done on being COVID free!

MrMr2 I am sorry about MrsMrMr2.

Wheatism welcome! Good start to the year. 

Cal well done on 18 miles that is a good long run, 11 weeks to Manchester?

Harmander I think we all appreciate pacers, and if they come in slightly under then that is even better.

BM today, 6 degrees which is the highest it has been this year, for Yorkshire it was positively tropical. Amazing race, always is but so good to be back with people racing. WU plus 13.13 (does anyone ever run just the distance??)

YTD: 121.86
  • Don't remind me, TT! 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Good to see plenty going on here!

Cal... Congrats on your 18 miles! Would love to be running that sort of distance in W.London, especially by the Thames.

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before I tested Positive! So now I'm 'house-bound' for a week!
    Strava don't seem to have 'Climbing up the wall' in their list of activities!

YTD: unchanged at 70' .
  • Oh damn, MrM2! I hope you don't feel too rough.
  • Some great early miles being logged.
    Hope you're not suffering too much MRM2...I kept sane with Yoga.
    Well done on long run Cal.
    TT, great total adding up.
    Wheatism, welcome along for the ride good start to the year.
    Foggy fell run yesterday...9 hilly, wet miles...loved it, plenty of mud.
    5 mile recovery today.
    83 miles YTD 
  • You're welcome to that one, Hobie...not a fan of mud...not at all!
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Mr MM: take care and hopefully you'll be back out in a week or so. I'll be interested in your recovery (and Hobie) I'm 17 days covid free but still feel a little under powered when running. 

TT: hope you enjoyed the Brass Monkey HM in York and full marks for bagging an entry, you've got to be hovering on the site when it goes live to get one of those. 

Cal:at parkrun do you every track the distance, if so how accurate are they? I was away from home at the weekend and let's leave it at my time was quicker than expected! 

Ytd: 59.3
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 how annoying! Hopefully you are feeling okay and you have enough walls to climb???

Hobie fabulous place to run but I am with Cal on mud.

Donnie BM was as great as ever. Heard it is being planned for next year but no date set yet. It was incredibly fast this year first 100 runners under 68 mins!

TM again because of ice, the moon did look amazing though. Spin class for a warm up.

YTD: 130.88
  • Donnie, they generally measure them with a wheel, so I'd say, pretty accurate in most cases, but Garmins will always have trouble with tight corners, trees and whatnot, and runners don't always take the correct line.

Just 2 miles today. Waited until lunchtime for the frost to melt and by that point I didn't feel too good (not ill, just not quite right) so I bailed. No point flogging a dead horse.

YTD: 85
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any experience with Hewuei products? I got a fitness band 4 for Christmas. Not going well so far, time and distance are inaccurate. Happy to accept I might have messed up the initial set up but just wondering if anyone knows of others with the same problem. 

Ytd: 64.3
  • Donnie, I bought a Huawei GT2 about 2 years ago but wasn’t fussed with it, pace seemed to be all over the place and I’ve reverted back to Garmin. Still prefer Suunto over both of the above but very poor customer care here.
  • Runstreak day 385

9.1 3.51
    10.1 5.92
    11.1 1.25
    12.1 3.77
    13.1 7.85
    14.1 12.21
    15.1 4.95
    16.1 3.06
    17.1 2.18
    18.1 4.07
    19.1 7.73

YTD 84.25 miles

• Are you keeping this going for another year then, Dubai?
    Donnie...fraid not. Purely a Garmin girl.

10 miles today...much better.

YTD: 95
  • Cal, just planning on keeping it going as long as I feel like it 
  • TT I think you asked.

Just been invited to apply for a pacer slot at the GNR

I responded within 9 minutes.

Here are the details.

Date

Event

Distance

Pace

01/05/2022

Great Birmingham Run

HM and 10k

HM: 1:30-2:30

10k: 40-80

22/05/2022

Great Manchester Run

HM and 10k

03/07/2022

Great North 10k

40-80

11/09/2022

Great North Run

HM

1:30-2:45

25/09/2022

Great Bristol Run

HM and 10k

02/10/2022

Great Scottish Run

HM and 10k

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander fabulous news! I have entered the ballot, we will see what happens.

Donnie
    like Cal a Garmin girl, not tempted by the seven, cannot really see what the major differences are.

Tempo run, which was always going to be in the gym so I could do a swim afterwards.

YTD: 138
  • TT, I have a three year rolling club membership that allows me an entry each year.  The pacer invite is different as they invite you to pace.  You could write in to offer your services in the first instance  no guarantees however.
  • Very impressive streak Dubai.
    Donnie, I'm a Suunto kind of guy.
    TT, great miles.
    Club run tonight, a few new folks coming along, great few miles in the moonlight tonight.
    94 miles YTD 
  • What's the Great Manchester Run like, Harmander? I've done the marathon numerous times, but neither of the big halves. My mate lives there so it'd be easy for me to do if I wanted.
    Hobie, sounds nice.

Early 7 for me today...would have been 8 but my colon had other plans. 

YTD: 102 🎆
  • Cal, I have never ran it myself so am unable to say.
    Other than the GNR the only other one in the list I have run is the Great Scottish Run (Glasgow) which I quite enjoyed doing as it used to be a challenge between Sikhs In The City & Scottish Sikhs teams. The losers had to run the following years race carrying/wearing the cross of St Andrew or St George.  During an interview with the media after I ran wearing a kilt I said my name was Scotty McSingh.

• Daily 4.35 miles (17, 18 & 19 January) = 13.05 miles

YTD = 88.18 miles
  • How was running in a kilt Harmander?...I've threatened to run in mine sometime but fear emm undercarriage damage. :D 
    Lovely, easy 5 miles in work today in the sun.
    99 miles YTD 
  • Hobie, it was 'interesting'. I was surprised to get some boos and was told it was the wrong tartan for the area - how is a Londoner supposed to know? lol
  • Just settling down after 5.63 miles

YTD = 93.81 miles
  • I have helped at the Great Manchester Run half a number of times. Largely flat except for one quite steep bridge just before a turn round point at The Etihad (Man City's ground): you go over the bridge in both directions in quick succession.  Plenty of runners for company without it being ridiculously busy: just about right I would say. However there is next to no crowd support at 8:30 (?) on a Sunday morning. 
    On the other hand there is quite a lot of crowd support at the 10k which is later in the day. 

3 weeks in and ticking along here and just about on track: 

YTD: 63.5 miles

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehouse - thanks, never did like City anyway (I am a Cockney Red).

7.25 miles today takes me to

YTD = 101.06 miles