2022 in 2022

2»

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    • 638km completed, so 1384 to go.    In 1384 Katherine, Lady Berkeley, established a school which will still exists in Gloucestershire: it was significant as it is said to be the first school founded by a woman and the first to offer free education to anyone.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 568 miles done so 1454 to go

In 1454
    The press of Johannes Gutenberg produces the first printed documents bearing a date 
  • mussesseinmussessein ✭✭✭
    14km this morning takes me to 1004km. Still hoping to reach 2022 miles, but I'll need to pick things up to achieve that.

1004ad - Danish Vikings led by Sweyn Forkbeard land in Norfolk, defeating the small Anglo-Saxon army in the area.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    700 km completed, so 1322 to go. 

1322 saw the First War of Scottish Independence with Robert the Bruce defeating the English troops in North Yorkshire. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    757k completed, so 1265 to go. 

In 1265 the first elected English Parliament conducted its first meeting in the Palace of Westminster, later to be know as the House of Parliament. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Quiet!

Hope that you are back running, DR!

Ticking over without anything spectacular; trying to manage niggles. 

922k completed, so 1100 to go. The 1100, with several variants, notably the Austin 1100 and the Morris 1100, was Britain's best selling car most years from 1963 to 1971. I'm not really sure why! Other models included the Riley, the Wolseley, the MG and the Vandan Plas.
  • Not very much running alehouse, one issue after another

672 miles done so 1350 to go

In 1350
    The Black Death first appears in Scotland
  • No more running for the next while for me. I've broken my right fibula and currently have my leg in a moon boot.
    So I'm switching to kilometers, currently at 1089 so 933 to go.

In 1089
    An earthquake was recorded in England 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I meant to message you, DR! Not good news! Can you swim still or is that out? 

1035 km completed, so 987 to go. Slightly ahead but don't want to speak too soon!

In 1035 William (later to be William the Conqueror) became Duke of Normandy causing major instability in Normandy as Norman nobles fought amongst themselves to increase their riches. Hardly surprising as William was only eight!
  • Alehouse, swimming is out at the minute, can just look at the pool! Hopefully will be doing some aqua walking and stretching soon.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Any news, DR?

1406 km completed so 616 to go. 

In 1406 Sir Richard Whittington became Lord Mayor of London for the second time. Wonder if he really had a cat. 
  • Alehouse, thanks for asking. I’m on the slow road back. Been 3k every other day for the last week. It’s slow and still some swelling that may last some time.

Now on kilometers, 1105 done with 917 to go.

In 1105
    King Henry I invades Normandy and takes Bayern and Caen before withdrawing and returning to England.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Largely good news then, DR! Pool running and swimming?
  • Still swimming but back to road running 
  • So, a couple of months since anyone has posted! 

I'm up to 1837, so 185km to go and two months to get to 2022 in 2022. What could possibly go wrong...

In 1837 Queen Victoria started her long reign when her uncle, William IV passed away. He had ten children, all illegitimate and therefore ineligible to succeed him.
  • Well not even going to do 2022 km this year.

Been a long road back from the broken fibula but finally putting some runs together.

830 miles
    In 830 Emperor Theophilos marries Theodora in the Hagia Sophia. Ive been to the Hagia Sophia and it amazed me that it has been standing so long - built between 532 and 537.
  • Glad you are back to it, DR! Hope you make a thousand miles!

Had hoped to get to 2022 this month but looking unlikely due to illness. However, 1950 km completed and 72 to go. 

1950: topical as it reminds me of the World Cup; United States One, England Nil was a huge shock.
  • I think it's doable
  • 2022 km completed. 

• Well done alehouse, still streaking?

877 miles for me so aiming for 1000.
  • Yes, just over 500 days! Hope you can make the 1000 miles, DR!
  • 913 miles this year, less than half of 2021. Hoping for no broken bones and injuries for 2023.

Happy New Year
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Glad you are back at it, DR! Hope 2023 is kinder!