Saturday 15th January 2022 Can you hear the drums Xxxxxxxx

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Can you hear the drums Xxxxxxxx
I remember long ago another starry night like this

Yesterday's were Making Plans for Nigel, XTC.

What: a run when it warms up. -2 at present with a pink sky!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics and name yes
    Have you run now ale?
    Got it out before 8 so I could get the train to my mum
    What 3.25 in New shoes
    Why plan
    Last hard that
    Last rest 8/1
    Happy Saturday everyone
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Just back, Wabo! Hard work here, also. What shoes? Enjoy mum!

What: just over 7k. 

Why: trying to get kilometres in the unwilling legs! HR much too high for the pace. Wonder if being 1 degree impacts on the HR. 

parkrun anyone? Looking forward to hearing of Dustin's mudfest!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Oh yes, hope Dustin got plenty of mud.

Enjoy visiting your mum Wabo - well done for getting your run done beforehand.

How is the neck today Ale?  

Almost halfway with the yoga chicksta.  I prodded a yoga mat in a sports shop the other day - they seem very thin to be lying, kneeling etc. on.

Good to see Elspeth drop in yesterday - hope you had a nice run today.

What: recovery 8k once I've digested a large bowl of homemade soup, trundle on the turbo
    Why: speed yesterday, longer tomorrow, keeping up the cycling base miles
    Last hard: yesterday's LT intervals - but great conditions for it with little wind and pace as good as spot-on.
    Last rest: 13.1.22

Lyrics: no
  • Hazel: I ordered a super thick mat on Amazon. It's a least a centimetre and quite heavy. Those thin ones are not for me. As I'm not carrying it to a studio but only use it at home, it's ok.
    Yay, you nailed those intervals 👊🏼👊🏼

Els: No idea how people can do crow. I'm useless. Now with my stiff toes even more than ever 🤣🤣 I usually do side planks when something comes up that involves bendy toes 😉

Ale: HR too high for pace sounds so familiar. Maybe our heart rate monitors are broken 🙄

Good job you got out early, Wabo.

What: 20k
    Why: long run of the week and perfect weather, no wind, sun, cold but not too cold ❄️
    Last hard: crow pose in yoga 😉
    Last rest: 30/12
    Lyrics: yes, thought of using them 😉
  • Lyrics yes!
    Run was a toughie, underestimated the cold and rain and just wore my windproof but we were resusitated by Anne Marie's tiffin at 9 miles and her partner and son cycled along with us, as usual the muddy last 1.5 miles were the best. Finished with a cuppa at the burger van and burgers for some! ( I had a pot of soup waiting at home so didn't partake).
    Now baking a fruitcake and must go out for some bread and bits and pieces.
    Peter had a better parkrun than last time. Chick, crow is eluding me. My daughter can do it! I generally like balance poses just not arm balances! Who knows what she has for us today! Must admit I only use a mat at formal classes. Just make do with the floor at home.
    Wabo enjoy your trip to your mum's.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - great distance, you too Els
    Wabo - oh, new shoes! nice.
    Hazel, Ale, OH - good work on your respective runs.

What - Hampshire XC League race 3
    Why - on the calendar
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was
    Cold but bright day, ground softened up as the junior races took place so it was a bit carved up for the Senior Men. 
    3 short but sharp hills on each lap including one very steep descent that was a "brakes off, brain off" section...
    Nothing too spectacular - solid and steady, picked up the last mile. 5.8 miles in just under 46 mins (so averaged just under 8mm). Should make tomorrow's LSR interesting!
    lyric - yes 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Forgot to post yesterday. Did a mile and 15 min Yoga

Today did 5km with 4x800m.  Pretty consistent but flagged at the last one.  Very very cold too so had to watch out for ice.

Els Tiffin mid run sounds nice!

Ale take it easy!

Wabo hope you had a good day

Chick crow has never been achieved here though now even less so!

Have a lovely evening all