What: some miles, solo or group
Why: depending on motivation of others
Last rest: 17.01.2022

Back in a bit..

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Mack the Knife, various artists, based on the German original Mackie Messer, written by Bertolt Brecht, although this didn't crop up in my German A level!

What: short run, long stretch

Why: must be Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • So - bit of work later...

Don't think yesterday's song was in my German A-level either Ale but I managed to avoid literature (uggh)  Good long run yesterday.

I had to look up Blue Monday Wabo, hope you are feeling better today.

10k on the TM sounds like a bit of a slog Chicksta.  I like listening to a bloke named another one of your literature chappies - Schiller.  Don't know if you have come across him or like his style though.

Bit blowy and cold here today - the beast from the east is growling today.. (comes out of his lair regularly here).
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    alehouse said:

Yesterday's were Mack the Knife, various artists, based on the German original Mackie Messer, written by Bertolt Brecht, although this didn't crop up in my German A level!

Because you're not German ;) A curriculum without Brecht/Weill/Dreigroschenoper is unthinkable here. 

Not sure which one you mean, Hazel. Is it a podcast?

A 10 mile slog this morning. I slept badly. Full moon does that to me occasionaly, not always though. But hey, more miles in the bank so I mustn't grumble. 
  • Lyrics, no again!
    Hazel, hope you find some folks to run with!
    Chick 10m is a fair distance for an early morning run.
    Got the best weather for my run which was a bit laboured but 20m done more or less, bit of walking through the bog (bear hunt territory) and up back of hill but otherwise just a slow plod with some nice views of the sea and north isles boats going to and fro.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    yep not blue today hazel, dont know what came over me, well apart from the struggle now to come into the office 5 days a week, I like some time at home
    els that sounds such a lovely view for a run
    chicksta I had trouble with sleeping last night, I just wanted the morning to come!!
    lyrics no

WHat: 1 mile only
    why: heading to sons after work for more lessons in tube feeding giselle
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 8/1
    Have a good afternoon/evening all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - well done, 10 early doors is always good
    Els - 20!! my word. Awesome
    Ale - well done on yesterday, hope today was good too.
    wabo - well done for squeezing the run in
    Hazel - hope you find some pals to run with

What - threshold session 
    why - marathon plan
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that'll be today
    lyric - not so sure today

• Brecht featured in my Manchester curriculum back in the day.
    Just a jog to pool for aquawalking today.

Spent a lot of the rest of the day fruitlessly trying to get laptop to connect to internet again following upgrade to Windows 10. Eventually concluded that Intel Wireless network card is too old to run on Win10.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Pleasant enough 29 minute run this morning once I had become accustomed to 1 degree. 4 layers helped. Then an hour's stretch this evening.

In awe of 20 miles, Els! 

Goethe, Schiller and Kafka for my German A level, OH! 

I can't run first thing in the morning any more, Chick... never mind run ten miles.

Hope the session wasn't too painful, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.