Friday 28th January 2022 You're my main man

Morning!

Lyrics: You're my main man
Golden Nose Slim Golden Nose Slim
I know's where you've 

Second line onwards with the title in the first line. Twice!

Yesterday's were Maxwell's Silver Hammer, The Beatles.

What: probably about 45 minutes

Why: I have the time. Whether I have the legs is a different matter!

You sound happy with the session yesterday, Hazel!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Yes, I've run faster and with less of a struggle but for now it was a good outcome.  I was trawling through my (Fetch) benchmarks in the last couple of years (pandemic) and can see quite a fall off in pace in that time period in comparison to my best years 2018/2019.  I guess I need to be realistic and put my old PBs aside (for now?) and try to stop / slow the trend if I can.

(to Ale's legs: come on, get on with it!)

What: recovery + turbo
    Why: hard run yesterday and not sure about weekend's plans yet
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 24.01.22

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

About 30 minutes stretching then:

What: more than 45 minutes

Why: the legs worked...but the Garmin didn't! My fault! Battery died at the steps on the Burnage parkrun course. OH will know where that is! Think that is 12 or 13 minutes back home. Will have to run that part again in the next few days.

Grey. 6 degrees. Wind picking up by suspect it will be worse in other places!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done everyone for the box-ticking runs. 

And nice LT sesh by the sounds of it, Hazel. There's always age graded PBs, you know. Or so I keep telling myself when I get too frustrated. 

bugger that Garmin, Ale. How annoying. 

10k in the gym - It was too nasty outside today. Followed by a kettlebell seession. 

Have a great weekend, all. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sounds a decent run
    Hazel - still an impressive result for the LT
    Chick - nice work in the gym

What - easy 5k
    why - tick over - racing South Of England XC tomorrow (15k , gulp!)
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Most of them at the moment, legs feel heavy.
    lyric - nope

• I suspect your legs will be even heavier after tomorrow, Dustin!

10k in the gym is hard work, Chick!

Hope the recovery goes/went well, Hazel.
  • Evening!

Saw spinal consultant this pm re neck pain; as predicted he is sending me for a full MRI scan of the span.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh no ale, that doesn't sound good.

Legs are dead. Been doing my mile a day and did do about 3km on Monday. Did 6 today but I am so so so slow it's almost walking. Hoping to parkrun tomorrow.

Happy Friday all.