Thursday 3rd February 2022 I got married to the widow next door

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before

Another boy's name! And apologies in advance for yet another novelty record.

Yesterday's were Paul SImon with Me and Julio down by the school yard

What: another 30 minutes or so

Why: that sort of day. Must stretch, also.

Is your race this weekend, Els?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Should we make a stretching date Ale?  Bit creaky after those strides yesterday.

My group certainly is more of the "social" type Dustin.  I am not the only one who races regularly but most don't have any more ambition than get to the finish line (which is not wrong in itself of course).  Well done on your interval session.

Good idea to combine a run with some tasks Wabo.  Baby no. 4?

What: running rest day - will walk and trundle on the turbo
    Why: plan
    Last hard: those strides as expected
    Last rest: 3.2.22

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Lyrics yep
    Hazel yes my son and his wife are close t o having baby 4, they've promised no more!! The errand run was good, rucksack carrying as well.  Enjoy your rest day
    alehouse have a great half hour run

What: 1 mile streak saver only 
    why: leaving early to go to sons
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 8/1
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry I missed yesterday. It was my mum's birthday so I just about managed to squeeze a 5 mile run in after work and then we went over for dinner.

Wow Dustin, that's quite a busy coaching life you have. Impressive. 

Hope your family are OK, wabo. Chickenpox is so nasty ... 

Hazel: don't think I've ever done 150m strides. I find 100s long enough. And we have a 30k long cycle path with 100m markings which comes in super handy for those. I typically don't pay much attention to pace. I just speed up and focus on one thing per stride. Could be arm swing, glute engagement, high knees, short ground contact time, breathing ...  

Today was a little over 11 miles (or 18k) in the rain. For once there was no wind so I thought I'd make the most of it and do another medium longish run. Feeling very smug now that it's out of the way. 

Don't know those lyrics. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Belated birthday wishes to Chicksta senior. That's the way I do strides.
    I'm also a man, which means focussing on anything more than one thing at a time is impossible.....
    Wabo - funnily enough a work colleague's daughter is poorly - chicken pox.
    Makes a change from the other C problem. 
    Hazel - happy trundling
    Ale - I'll be joining you on the exercise mat, need a good stretch...

What - just over 8 miles on trails complete, U11 coaching tonight
    Why - midweek miles
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday's 800s
    lyric - I think I do
  • Afternoon!

Well done on the 11, Chick!

And enjoy the under 11s, Dustin!

What: just over 45 minutes

Why: that counts as this week's MLR. Unfortunately. Really need it to be longer, and I suppose it will be in time.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • In the Borders (with Ellie) prior to Elspeth's race on Sunday (Falkirk 33).
    I will maybe try Peebles parkrun again.
    Lots of trees blown down in forest  :'(

You can take the lad out of Stockport ...

Ellie doesn't seem very impressed by her heritage! ;)

Lyrics no.
  • I recognise the architecture of Stockport, OH! My run took me very close to the pyramid today!  Hope that the wind has dropped by Sunday for Els!  Enjoy Ellie, and parkrun! And disappointed that you don't know the lyrics!
  • No wind today...or last night on the boat but v stormy weather in the last week. The trees here look sad...lots of the road and trail in the woods blocked by fallen ones.
    Enjoying Ellie and trying not to think about Sunday, will be more an event than a race for me...different format to 2 years ago because of Covid, also knew some other folk running last time and with the loops felt quite friendly..not so much this time I guess.
    Yesterday was mainly rebuilding bed in bedroom and shifting furniture post carpet laying after fracture clinic and a 3m slow run so it's been a light week running wise.
    Well done on all the big runs folks.
    Wabo you must be such an experienced granny now!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello! Sorry I've been so awol, work, sewing business, Lucas and running have taken all my time!

Completed red January, in fact completed a 55 day streak, then stopped 1st Feb. Went to yoga for runners on 1st, will be going as often as I can but it's rather an inconvenient time.  

Yesterday did nearly 6km then today I've had my first proper rest day since 6th Dec!

Lyrics yes and I do love this band!

Wabo hope all recover well!

I need to get running longer....

Have a great evening all
  • Evening 

What: 1½ miles (20:22)
    Why It's 2022
    Last hard: that was
    Lyrics they're familiar.

Like  I mentioned I don't run Tuesdays so that was a rest day. But Wednesday still hadn't recovered from my 2 night shifts was exhausting  this week. So didn't run.  Had planned one this morning  but still felt knackered 
    Feel better  after a shift. So ran tonight.

I'm not as young  as I used  to be  so night shifts can be hectic 

This year to make it fun I decided to do a 5km a week the other while may sound silly but a run of 20:21 

I would normally run Friday  but may not and run Sunday treat this week as a cut back week