Friday 11th February 2022 They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Training
Morning!

New theme for the lyrics, using Wabo's suggestion of transport: 
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

Yesterday's, the last boy's name, some will be relieved to hear: Alexander's Ragtime Band, Irving Berlin.

What: probably half an hour or so

Why: about right at present
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Need to think a bit more about the lyrics yet - at least vaguely familiar.

Well done on getting the second MLR done Chicksta.  Maybe I could fix you up with my Tuesday running buddy who is also doing Vienna :) He was talking about a sub-4.  With regards to doing a sightseeing marathon - I have something else in mind at the moment - a low-key 50k around a lake down the road from here.  As you say - just trundle around it rather than with a time in mind.  Towards the end of May with the risk of it being hot.   I've also hunted for paper books I have in e-form.  Disadvantage with the latter is you can't do dogears in them or scribble around on the plans.

Like yesterday's bonus seconds Ale.  Thanks for your mara history.  Think you are wise to leave them at the moment but who knows.  Fingers crossed for better weather soon - it was almost springlike here yesterday.

Your ongoing identity crisis makes me laugh Els.  Hope OH is also ok.  Vienna is definitely worth a visit.     

Hope you had a nice meet-up with your friend Pammie.

What: recovery
    Why: finally did my speedwork yesterday and long planned tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday - 2 x 800m(ish), 6k tempo, 2 x 800m(ish).  Bit breezy and first 800 and 1st k of tempo were too fast (though tailwind) so splits a bit random.  Got it done though and was an interesting workout.
    Last rest: 7.2.22.

Lyrics: still pondering
  • Morning again!

Interesting session yesterday, Hazel

What: decided before I set off to up the 30 to 45. 45:04 actually!

Why: need to be running a little longer a little more often. Waited until the frost had gone but with the wind chill factor was still just below zero. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Shame you never got to run a marathon, ale. Things were VERY elite back then :) 

Sound very tough, Hazel. Don't think I've ever done intervals and tempo in one sesh. I've alternated MP and HMP but that's about it. 

Els/OH: don't think you need a medical cert for Vienna, unless you want it for peace of mind. I certainly never had to provide one. I think it's a French thing and required for Paris. 

Not sure about those lyrics today ... I should have known yesterday's though.

Just a 5 mile recovery run first thing. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes however....
    Most likely this run streak will end today as a new grandchild is coming, so I'm on nanna duty
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope all goes to plan, Wabo...and you can sneak out for a mile! 

I think that you might kick yourself re the lyrics, Chick! A classic (well I think so anyway). 

Just had a haircut: it is now very cold!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - some things are more precious than a streak! Hope you're sipping bubbles later in celebration!
    Ale - thanks for your mara history, that was some epic club run squad back then!
    Chick - good skills on the MLRs
    Hazel- interesting session to bookend a tempo with 800s. 

what - 7 miles easy trails
    why - sun was out
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - yep
  • Fingers crossed all goes well Wabo! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Baby girl arrived at 16.47 weighing in at 7lb 1
    I'm shattered and definitely won't even squeeze in a mile today. I'm alone with the the kids so no chance. 
    Not bothered.
    Dustin only bubbles so far is sparkling water
    I'll have a nice drink valentine's night I reckon
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope the newcomer and parents are all good, Wabo! Congratulations to you all!