Tuesday, 15 February 2022 - I want a ticket to anywhere

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Training
Good morning 🌄 😊

Lyrics:

I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal

Lines 2 and 3 of the song.

A storm is on its way here so I'll try and do this week's MLRs today and tomorrow before it hits.

Comments

• Morning!

Early start Chick! Back to back MLRs before work? Sounds like old times!

Lyrics: I believe so. 

Pouring here again, Emz: surprised there aren't more floods. Mind you we have got ten days of rain due, apparently. 

What: easy run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday

Yesterday's lyrics were Trains and Boats and Planes, orginally by Bert Bacharach, but much covered, eg Dionne Warwick:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBumHuouug

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all, shattered wabo here. I finally came home yesterday afternoon. Very tough few days. All excellent with baby and mum. I was taking care of Giselle. Very very hard and I don't know how my Dil does all she does.
    Baby called Margot Edie, my mum is Marge and my auntie was Edie. So I'm chuffed and love the names.
    Not done any running there just was no chance to be honest. And now I'm home I just feel ill have the whole week off running. Re start Saturday.
    Chick hope the storm doesn't cause too much trouble, sounds like a good plan
    Ale enjoy the run.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

What: about 40 minutes

Why: longer than usual for a Tuesday but had time. Even time to take a photo of crocuses and snowdrops. Not my garden, sadly! I wonder if OH can identify where. 

Get that new streak started Wabo! Glad all sounds well!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo - home for a rest, but good work done looking after Giselle! 
    Chick - good for you getting out early!
    Ale, I'm gonna guess Fletcher moss but probably wildly out, looks lovely with the crocuses and snowdrops anyhow. 
    Got your rain today and v cold with it but legs more cooperative though still a bit stiff. 8m run and yoga, I was shivering throughout yoga despite a full change of clothes after my run.
    Hot soup beckons!
  • Afternoon!

Yes, FM, Els. Well guessed! For others, it is the park at the end of my road and the building is where the RSPB was founded.
    And just making butternut squash soup to avoid preparing to decorate!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Belated birthday wishes to Hazel
    Wabo - sounds exhausting , you rest up
    Ale - smashing photo op. well done on the longer run
    Chick - MLR complete?
    Els - tidy mileage 

Manchester weather here now - hasn't stopped all morning
    What - 4 easy done, club set tonight 5x600 at 3k pace, 200 recovs
    Why - stretch the legs, mara VO2 max session
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - tonight will be
    lyric - no
  • Afternoon!

It stopped raining here about 10:45, Dustin! Supposed to be very heavy overnight plus increasing winds. For the foreseeable future.

Meant to say, 8 miles is still a decent run, Els. Will be pleased when my long run is back to that sort of distance.
  • Ale: It feels a bit like old times but not quite. I used to be out of the door at 4:30... Today I got up at 5 and took my time drinking coffee and eating a banana. Went out for my run at 6. That's about as early as I can do these days. 

Lovely names, wabo. And no wonder you're shattered. I'd have no idea how to tend to a kid with special needs. 

Beautiful crocus pic, Ale. I was quite surprised to see the first tentative ones as well. And snow drops. And I saw the first stork on its nest today. Now that is early. They're usually here at the end of March/beginning of April. I read somewhere that they've become quite lazy and not all of them fly all the way to Africa if they can find a mild spot in the South of Germany. 

Good to hear that your legs are cooperating again, Els. 

Dustin: Good luck with the intervals. 

So, 12 miles done. Breezy but just about tolerable. I picked a 2k stretch with mostly a crosswind. It was unbelievably boring but needs must. 
  • Evening

Back from my mini-break yesterday evening already but didn't get around to posting during the day as had to catch up a bit on work.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  One night away with a great meal and some random amblings with and without snow shoes.  

We are due the wet and wind in the next few days as well - only fair I guess.  I am trying to think up a place I can do some speedwork at some point, might be interesting.

Sounds like a rest is in order Wabo.  Like the baby's names as well.  

Think of all the mowing you would need to do if it was your garden Ale.   Nice spread of crocuses - not seen any here yet but do have some snowdrops in next-door's garden.

Good to see you back running Els.  

Some of the storks get stuck in my region down here Chicksta.  I've noticed the starlings are back now - they are currently fighting over the nest boxes.  Nice to have the singsong back.  Well done on sticking out those ups and downs.  

Have a good session this evening Dustin.  Good long run at the weekend.

Hope the side is better Pammie.

Well done on the 5k emzap.  The market must have been hard work.

What: group run in a bit
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 14.02.22

Lyrics: no