alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: L.A proved too much for the man

Yesterday's were Ferry across the Mersey, Gerry and the Pacemakers
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08083BNaYcA

What: about half an hour plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics and transport yep
    Should have known 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oops yesterday's
    Legs really sore after run yesterday
    Ale enjoy your 30 mins, I'm so happy about the game! 
    What might rest
    Why legs need to get back into running lol
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 18/2
  • Kicking myself indeed, Ale 🤦🏼‍♀️ I know today's 👍🏻

Rest of your tired, wabo. You have a lot on your plate.

Sounds like a lovely outing,

I was up early to do my LR before the rain set in. A 6:45 am start meant I had the world to myself. Loved it. Covered a little shy of 18 miles (28.67 k) with 10 miles @MP (or effort rather). Averaged 5:15 mins per k for those, av. HR 144 which I'm really happy with.
  • Afternoon! 

Great training, Chick! I would be pleased with 5:15 per km... for a 5k at present! In fact really ought to do a 5k/parkrun and gauge where I am at.

Great result for your team yesterday, Wabo! Hope you have a gentle run.

What: a fraction under 50 minutes

Why: decided 30 wasn't enough as I hadn't run a "long" run this week. Whilst that wasn't long it was long enough in the rain and strong winds. Just over 42k for the week which is the highest for quite a while.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Should have got yesterday's lyrics as well I suppose - having done the boat trip including the song!

Good to see you Wabo - is Margot settling in well?

Great long run chicksta!  Very right to be happy with that.  

Well perservered Ale.  

What: hilly 19k
    Why: didn't fancy a flat run in the breezy conditions (stormy later)
    Last hard: back up the hill on the bike yesterday and back up the hill on two feet today
    Last rest: 19.02.22

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - impressive rep times on the 1200s/600s, decent run out today too
    Els - good running yesterday, sounds like you had the best of the weather!
    Wabo - welcome back! Great result yesterday too
    Chick - epic long run today, decent pace too, to be running 3h40 marathon pace already is awesome
    Ale - decent run today, impressive weekly total as well

What - 18 miles 
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - this weekend

Going through the motions 'box ticking' today. legs a little tired. 3 easy then 7 with some of the village group, headed back for 4 more solo, then bumped into a friend as she finished her 10, so last 4 with her. Needed the company.
    Tired legs post XC yesterday. Home fixture so I'm on the organizing team. Course setup delayed until early Saturday (because of the storms we didn't do it Friday). On site at 9, blue skies, no wind. 
    Jogged the course, nice and soft but not carved up....if only that would last....
    11am rain starts and hammers down for 3 hours. Soaked to the skin team managing, sorting marshals, scoring. 
    Decided to run the Men's race, 9mm spikes woefully inadequate. Soft grass replaced with surface water and /or thick mud. 
    Got round, but as any XC fan will tell you, running in shocking conditions is what we live for....

lyric - possibly

• Lyrics - no.
    Wimped out of a run today, but was only planning a short one, to walk up Wideford with Peter. Windy and freezing cold. 
    Busy week at work as my colleague has got Covid.  Hope to get out for a run afterwards tomorrow though.
    Excellent runs Chick, Ale Hazel and Dustin!
    Wabo, how is little Margot doing, can't believe Ellie is nearly a year. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice running all
    Margot has lost a bit more weight and looked more jaundiced to me, hopefully just a blip. Health visitor coming tomorrow. 
    Nice running all especially in this weather.
    I didn't run as we were out all day and i didn't fancy it tbh
    Run tomorrow night.