Wednesday 23rd February 2022  Think I'm gonna be sad

Morning!

Lyrics: Think I'm gonna be sad
I think it's today, yeah
The girl that's driving me mad
Is goin' away

Wonder what mode of transport the girl will be using.

What: easy run

Why: easy week
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Lyrics: nope.  Yesterday's were Row, row, row the boat - inspired by recent puddle pics maybe.

Well done for getting those 13 miles done chicksta - hiking holiday sounds nice

Hope the intervals went ok Dustin.  Fingers crossed for the refund.

Good news regarding the spine MRI Ale.

What: few miles with around 1 @10k pace
    Why: practice for Sunday's 10k
    Last rest: 21.02.22
    Last hard: yesterday's group run was at a for me very slow pace (often 7min/km plus) as the goal was to get everyone around the big loop again.  I couldn't get my running form sorted at all.  Need to practice slow running.  
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Sorry I've been awol again.

This hip, glute, back whatever it is is annoying me. I think it's gone, then it comes back. 

Anyway gentle parkrun on Saturday pacing a friend, 14 km on Sunday. Missed club as hip was hurting, then did yoga for runners last night.

Will do 5km or so today.

I know the lyrics and would definitely have got row row row, a firm favourite here.

Need to go back and see what's happened with ale's MRI...
  • Ah should maybe add - not complaining at all about the slow pace on yesterday's run.  It was me who encouraged a returnee to try the big loop as I was sure he would manage it and just needed a nudge.  He did fine and I think it was good for his confidence. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Gosh just read back and a lot of flooding going on!

Ale good news about the MRI, Dustin, your train journey made me laugh. Wabo which baby is this and how are they?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    morning 
    mmm not sure the mode of transport but I know the song..
    Emzap it is my son and wife's 4th and they say last!! baby has been losing weight and they are now saying my dil needs to supplement with formula which I know will upset her cos se has fed all three so far. But she lost a lot of blood and they feel maybe that's not helping. sorry to hear your having aches!
    Ale good about MRI
    hazel I know what you mean about slower running, believe it or not ha ha - any running would be good right now
    ale enjoy the run

what: up to 3 later
    why: I miss it!!
    Last hard: 19/2
    last rest: 22/2
    I know why I streak run - if I don't I end up with too many days that I just don't bother!! 1 run only since 10/2

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - ah, an easy week! sounds idyllic!
    Emz - keep things easy for now, and keep up the yoga/stretching!
    Wabo - 4 kids? Lunacy...hope they get the right supplements for the formula. 
    Hazel - I hear you with the running paces and sometimes it's "hard" to run at that pace. As an example, some of the "social" village group runs are at 8-9 min/ks, I just opt out of those. 

What - Double easy: 8 shortly, 4 later coaching village group.
    Why - work & time & fitting things in
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Yesterday. just short of 11 miles in total including 5 x 1k reps at around 4.15min/k pace. Happy with that and never felt I was struggling, held form and pace and arguably could've gone a bit quicker. I'll take that for now. 

lyric - Yes indeed
  • Afternoon!

A decent session yesterday, Dustin

You need to start a new streak, Wabo! It works for me: if I missed a day I would miss several, I'm sure. 

Hazel: can you come and pace me please? Around 6:30 kms please. 

What: Forced myself out for just over 45 minutes

Why: trying to find runnable off road routes, with a fair degree of success. A couple of detours necessary but better even than yesterday. Rainy and windy the moment that I stepped out of the door!

Was taking an easy week and had thought about popping down to The Smoke to run LFoM...until I tried to buy a ticket this morning. No standard fares but I could have a first class for £150+. No thank you! And services are not at all reliable at present in any case, so I will stick to the decorating and plodding a few kms. The decorating is getting to my knees and hips: kneeling or on my side doing the skirting or the bottom half of doors etc. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: Holy smokes, those train tickets are daylight robbery. Completely insane. I would always take the car ...

Good you encouraged the returnee, Hazel. 7 min ks is indeed slow and required a different running form. I occasionally do that with my husband. Post heart-attack he can only do very short, very slow runs (the beta blockers are preventing heart rate flexibility) so his running is my power walking pace. 

Enjoy the double, Dustin. Speedy ks! 

Hope they can sort the little one out, wabo. I hear y re. streaking. I was like that with my 10k steps a day challenge. Once I broke the streak after Covid jab #3 I had a number of days when I just though sod it. I've been back into it since Jan. 1st though. 

Good to see you, Em. 

No idea re. lyrics today.

Another MLR done - this is P&D sadist week: Back to back longish runs. So yesterday's 13 was followed by at 15 today. I was unbelievably slow but I got it done. Couple of walk/strech breaks were required though. Because it's still windy I went to our parkrun course and ran a little shy of 10 laps there. It's sheltered by trees and some buildings break the worst of the wind. The path was muddy and wet though and jogged around puddles and over really wet grass on a few occasions. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    7 min per km is my current running speed 😭😭😭 but I agree, it is slow!
  • Evening 

Ale didn't  know about mri  glad it's positive  news. Hope future  scans remain so

I can do slow roundabouts 8 min km pacethough this does include  brief walk breaks and not really doing more than 5km ATM.

Though I am about 2 stone heavier than I was when I ran lots older too 

What: 3 miles
    Why: building  up
    Lasthard: today after 2 night shifts 😴  did it in 40 minutes  the same time as Sundays 5km I can live with that