Friday 25th February 2022 Pardon me, boy

Morning!

Lyrics: Pardon me, boy
Is that the ...

What: a run of some sort

Why: consistent consistency
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha to these lyrics, as I read them I just heard a certain word on the radio
    Yes I know because I love this
    Ale have a good run! Do you know the serpentines last Friday 5k run? I've done it maybe once and always wanted to do it again, I'll do that next month I think
    What a run
    Why I need to and I'm not working
    Last hard sat 19/2
    Last rest yesterday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Wabo, I had intended to come down to the last Friday race today but the train tickets were too expensive. Have done it at least ten times! Often meet up with friends including some from StevieG's thread and the over 60's thread...including once meeting Pammie briefly. Plus a guy that I ran with at uni. Quite a few others from Hercules Wimbledon amongst others!!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I knew you'd know it! I'm really hoping I can next month. This is my first Friday off so just a gentle run today. Hopefully meet you there one day!
  • Arggh - didn't get back to posting yesterday - 4 hours of telcos on VAT and the evils of SAP fried my brain entirely..

Today won't likely be much better but less talk and more do.. so will try to read back.

Nice to use the LFOTM as a chance for a meet up - hope it will work out for you another month Ale. (and Wabo maybe?)

Yesterday's lyrics: Last train to London by Electric Light Orchestra

What: running rest day - will walk and gently cycle
    Why: freshen up the legs for Sunday but get some fresh air too
    Last rest: 25.02.22

Lyrics: nope
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Never done LFOTM, maybe when I'm back in London more regularly I'll try to get it done.
    What - easy & short leg stretch
    Why - Nationals tomorrow
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Hills yesterday
    lyric - nope

Looking forward to a few laps of Parliament Hill tomorrow. Just enjoying this one as a "tempo" run for marathon training. Long day too - team managing so will be there 5hrs+ ahead of race time...
  • Morning again!

Enjoy Parliament Hill, Dustin! Hope it isn't too muddy! And I don't think people appreciate how tiring team managing is!

What: 60:01

Why: minutes that is, largely off road. Trying to get closer to 100 miles for the month. 

I think everyone will know the lyrics once revealed.
  • Afternoon 

Dustin all the best at Parliament Hill

Yes I've done Lfotm many times will have to check how many. It used to fit nicely in my work schedule and did it most months. used to meet up with quite a few  forumites and have lunch after 
    Hopefully  I'd like to get back  to it once 5km fit 

What 2½ miles
    Why consistent consistency 😊
    Last hard Wednesday
    Lyrics Yes
  • Just checking in quickly - my brain is fried :) 

We're off on a week of hiking and I had to finish a killer assignment which took up all of yesterday, including a late shift and today. 

I managed to do a 5 mil recovery run yesterday and 11.5 today, including 5 @ tempo pace. It's still wild and super windy so I split my run into 5 miles outside and the tempo bit including a bit of warm-up and cool-down on the treadmill. Felt a bit like cheating but there was no alternative :) 

Have a great weekend, all  :)
  • Have a great week, Chick!

Well done with the consistent consistency, Pammie!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your trip chick!
    I've never done lfotm despite not working on Fridays for a good few years on and off!

Just a walk into town for us today. Did some digging in the garden too.

Happy Friday!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Have a great trip chick
    Oh how nice of some of us do that lfotm some time! 
    Hazel sorry your brain felt fried! 
    Dustin enjoy parly hill, believe it or not I actually have in the past!!