Monday February 28th - It's just gone noon half past monsoon

Morning all
Today's lyric - It's just gone noon half past monsoon

What - easy 10k ish
Why - recovery day, back in office so best use of time.
last rest - 14/10
last hard - the weekend

Have a good week everyone!

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: vaguely familiar. 

Yesterday's were Morningtown Ride, The Seekers

Sounds like a day to remember at the National, Dustin!

What: 40 plus minutes

Why: to get me over 100 miles for the month. M76 has messaged to say that it is too wet to run, and he is probably correct. Would delay until later but the rain is due to get even heavier than it already is. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Well done at the National Dustin! Good turnout by Club Dustin in the lassies and blokes races at least.

Hope you are out and about in the meantime Ale.  Doesn't sound nice though.

Feb stats as I won't run today: 168 miles, down on the last few years but that was deliberate.  Will start to pick up again now.  1 proper race (at last!).

Time for yesterday now showing as 43:28 so now a bit under a minute slower than my 10k PB from 2018 which sounds even better than just over a minute.

What: walk / cycle(?)
    Why: Monday is almost always a rest day
    Last hard: yesterday and currently have a stiff neck - turning my head to the left makes me go arrggh!
    Last rest: 28.02.22

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

Result sounds better, Hazel! But not the neck. Hope that it goes quickly.

What: 57 minutes

Why: forced myself out the door in the rain but after a kilometre or so the rain stopped...and the wind picked up. Wore far too much and could have done with M76's company as I really had to force myself to add on a loop or too rather than cut off. Anyway, brought up the 100 miles for the month, almost exactly the same as January. 
    Feb: 163.85k/101.81miles. No races. No parkruns. No sessions. 28 days run. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Dustin loved the report, brought back memories, shudder!! Well done to you
    els well toughed out yesterday in the cold - I think the problem was Margot struggling a bit with latching on
    Lyrics no
    alehouse great mileage well done!
    Hazel ouch re the neck that's not nice

The eye man said my corneas are think my pressure is ok but my nerves are suspicious.  Go back in 12-18months  - have I Already posted this?

What: short run this am, bit more later
    why: break it up
    last hard: this morning although I really enjoyed it
    last rest: 27/2

tomorrow the streak resumes......

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening

Dustin well run in national.  Passing people in the later stages is good 👍

Hazel hope necks OK

What 4¼ miles
    Why going a little further 
    Last hard that
    Lyrics nope

• Evening!

Excellent progress, Pammie! 

That sounds a good outcome re the eyes, Wabo. Hope you got out for the second run!
    Foul weather here!
  • Evening all.
    Hazel and Dustin, very well done!
    Bit milder here but had a long day at work and not been out, tomorrow plans for pre yoga run with friend.