Thursday 3rd March 2022 Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing

Morning!

Lyrics: Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing

Yesterday's were Sailing, Rod Stewart

All sounds and looks good, Chick!

What: run plus stretches

Why: that's the plan but will see what the weather has to say

Off for scans on my head. Should be fun.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Doesn't look like it will be much easier with the tube today Dustin :/ Are you generally back to the office now?

I think you deserve a well done too Chicksta - that is great February mileage.  Enjoy Bavaria - nice bit you are visiting though I am not familiar with it.  The change the hills provide might be good for you.  Less of the one-two-one-two of flat running.  18% is a bit savage though.  I can do that for short stretches only and only at a shuffle. 

Good luck with the scans today Ale - hopefully some helpful and positive answers.  Well done on the speedwork yesterday.

What: not sure - either a rest day, a recovery run or speed 
    Why: depends on work and the state I am in at the end of it
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 28.02.

Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, should have said well done, Chick, on the great February figures!

Hope you manage to run, Hazel!

What: stretches then run d&d

Why: had time post scan, which appeared to go to plan. Not very exciting staying still for close to 40 minutes! Run was a little quicker than usual: ran on hard surfaces for a change. Just over 32 minutes with a couple of "fast" bits (i.e. they weren't)

For once managed to get the run done before it rained. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics - of course!
    Chick, glad the holiday is going well.
    V windy weather continues here, little run too and fro yoga this morning, 3m just now, wasn't great out!
    Ale, I have my MRA on 14th and have to go to Aberdeen for the pleasure! But need to see if aneurysms are behaving!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I knew that you would know the lyrics, Els! Hope that the MRA yields good results! I get my results on 17th March...Wabo's birthday I believe! Or St Patrick's Day. Don't know whether I mentioned but the consultant runs for my club and of last week has become a rival: same age group! 
    I don't envy your weather! Or Chick's come to think of it! Snow is hard work! Rain here almost all day, just for a change!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    The snow ❄️ is only higher up. I avoid snowy bits on my runs. They're ok to hike 😉

Nice rain dodging, ale. Hope the scan MP brings some good news.

Hope work wasn't too tiring, Hazel.

Another hilly 6 done. My hamstring and knees are not fond of the steep bits. I'm quite surprised I can manage most hills without dying though. My strategy for the steep ones is to walk 25 steps, run 25 steps. I learned that in a trail race.