Friday 4th March 2022  My grandfather and me

Morning!

Lyrics: My grandfather and me
Around Nassau town we did roam

Another transport themed song.

Yesterday's offering was the traditional Skye Boat Song

What: something gentle

Why: last two days have included something quicker.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - I think we have had your weather here all week, still damp this morning
    Els - good luck with the MRA
    Chick - looks good, well done on the Feb mileage. The run walk on hills I think is quite a common strategy.
    Hazel - Supposed to be in 2-3 days a week. Opted out of going in today - there will be no tube running until gone 8 (I start 7-7:30) so wfh instead. Hope you get some run time today.

Think I didn't post yesterday - tied up with work, then kids coaching, then village run club AGM...Did manage to get out for 10 steady at lunchtime, and managed to dodge the rain. Still got wet: Underpass under the dual carriageway was more flooded than usual. inch or so at one side, was halfway up the bollards at the other side (so above my knees). Trainers needed a clean....

Today - easy miles
    Why - planning on wet hills tomorrow so don't want to be too broken
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - not so sure

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Dustin sounds like a good plan
    Alehouse enjoy the gentle
    Lyrics yes, sang at school
    What a year this is proving to be for my running, I've had to come straight from work yesterday to my son's as baby back in hospital re concern over weight loss. Not a tongue tie but as it turns out a high palate causing latching problems. 
    Plans for the weekend hopefully club relay, muddy but flat
    5k cross country on Sunday close to home
    So I just can do what ever I can do!!! 
    What 1.25 miles on tiptree road
    Why took Reggie to nursery bit of calm in the house and off I went
    Last hard last night on a soft mattress
    Last rest 27/2

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Staying still for 40mins is quite an achievement Ale - not easy to do.

Fingers crossed for calmer weather for the weekend Els.

I find it hard to get running again once I am walking on a hill Chicksta.  I also use the xx steps walk-run to force me to do it.

Glad you could dodge the strike Dustin. 

Not easy for Margot and all involved Wabo.  Hope the weekend's running plans come off.

What: recovery - 4-5 miles
    Why: speedwork was done yesterday - 5 x 1k (3 mins recoveries), work is ominously silent so far, hope no news on whether things work means good news, will know more later
    Last rest: 28.02.22

Lyrics: not today
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Sorry to hear about little one, Wabo. Hopefully all will soon be sorted. Hope your running plans happen!

Glad that you got the speedwork done, Hazel.

That sounds wetter than here, Dustin!

What 57 minutes easy

Why: made myself. That will probably be this week's long run. Parts of my two nearest parkruns. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo...that sounds a bit more tricky than tongue tie. Hope all goes well for her. Just work today for me I'm not away until next Sunday but sorting travel plans.
    Hope hols still going well chick!
    Hazel, Dustin and Ale good running. 
    Just been for a wee loop round scapa as finally wind down and sun come out. Bit different to last night's loop.
    Have a good weekend folks!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy weekend, guys 😊

Another hilly round completed. I was applauded by some hikers when I motored up a hill 🤣

Sorry to hear about the little one,  Wabo.

Well run, Dustin, Hazel, Els and Ale.