Morning!

Lyrics: You say black, I say white
You say bark, I say bite
You say shark, I say hey man

Another transport themed number!

Yesterday's: (334) Melanie - Brand New Key (LYRICS IN DESCRIPTION) - YouTube

What: around an hour with M76

Why: suits both of us
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Was just about to post, so thanks Ale...decent mileage last week too!

Hazel - nice report and that sounds to me like a competitive 10k. Well done on the early and cold 17 miler
    Pammie - good work, consistently consistent!

What - easy hour & QoP tonight
    Why - easy Monday
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Probably Saturday's long one. That said did 75 minutes of easy trails yesterday and felt ok. Last hard week this week then hit the 3 week taper.
    Lyric - knew yesterday's, not so sure with todays.
    I think most people will be familiar with the later, comedy version of yesterday's song!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Meant to say, a great report, Hazel! Thanks!

And you also seem to be consistently consistent, Dustin! Looking forward to that taper? 

The lyrics are verse two as the first verse almost entirely mentions the mode of transport! And you will all know the song once revealed!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning..

Lol - I was going to use these lyrics today but found they had been used before so didn't.  Very appropriate for the current theme though so why not recycle.

Have a nice run with M76 Ale.

Almost taper time already Dustin!  Nice back up yesterday for Saturday's long run.  Enjoy QoP tonight..

Shame you didn't have company for your run Els - looked nice!

Have a good start to the week.

What: likely short wander and short cycle
    Why: running rest day
    Last hard: work - need a holiday (still have half of last year's) and no chance of one at the moment
    Last rest: 07.03.22

Lyrics: yes!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Morning again!

What: just over an hour d&d

Why: suited both M76 and I

Lyrics: indeed, have been used before but they fitted the theme
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What just over 4 miles
    Why: consistent consistently 
    Lyrics yes
    Weather sunny with a mildly strong breeze 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics yep
    nice consistency pammie
    Well done alehouse on the hour!
    hazel, very clever clues.... enjoy your cycle and wander
    dustin enjoy the hour and hope QoP is good well I think I mean that??

I did a 5k over the forest yesterday morning, very muddy! We did hang around for a bit before we got going, anyway my mate was there as well, we haven't run together for ages but decided we would just do our own thing! Any off we set and turn to start the first uphill, I didn't feel good at all, puffy and my legs felt so heavy.  I wasn't in a good place, but thought oh well we turn right and go down hill soon, no, they changed the route!! So it continued uphill and my mate caught me and said you ok, I said no I really feel crap!! She pushed on, I should ass my oh was cycling round the forest as well and went past me on this uphill and spoke to me about catching up with mate, I told him swiftly I fell cr*p!! So 1k down and I felt a bit settled as we turned and went down then up again. My mate was well away as were most people tp be fair!! Oh pops out again and he is saying come on push on you can catch her, he got a look!!!! So with 2 miles down, I saw I actually was catching up, and overtaking, this is when he popped up and said you're reeling them in, you're passing people and leaving a gap!! I went past my mate and just pushed on for the last mile, which started with a ling drag, not steep. As I turned the corner to the finish I pushed on and caught one more. I crossed the line and the man said well done second woman!! I laughed and said I don't think so, yes you are he said, incredulous look on my face and then he said there aren't many doing the 5k.... don't spoil it I said!!  Ha ha anyway second out of 5 I think and bound to be the oldest. 
    It did do me good, in the end!!

What: 1.5 miles recovery, might pop out again later
    why: get a short one in before I go and watch spurs
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 28/2

have a good Monday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Enjoyed that report, and result, Wabo! Hope your team don't finish second tonight!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Excellent, wabo 👍🏻✊🏻 you can't only beat who turns up and it looks like you had a strong finish.

Hazel: lovely race report. Sounds like a very well organised race. Always good to have a faster second half, so well done on the pacing.

Drove back yesterday. Luckily not so much traffic. Took us about 8 hours.

I know those lyrics 😊

Obviously no running yesterday but I managed 50 hilly k last week. Beautiful day today so I tried 18 miles progressive but failed. Misjudged the wind and my leg strength. The last 4 miles were an epic struggle 🙄
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Surgeries morning and afternoon but managed a sunny swim at lunchtime.
    Swim and 3.3 mile jog yesterday lunchtime.
    Lyrics Yes

• Cold gloved hands and a mobile phone can yield some interesting photos.
    (was actually trying to catch one of our race directors on a reverse pivot turn around the cone but the camera had other ideas!)