Wednesday 9th March 2022 "Kathy", I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh

Morning!

Today's transport themed lyrics: "Kathy", I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
"Michigan seems like a dream to me now"

Yesterday's were Daisy Bell, traditional and much covered

What: half an hour or so

Why: easy day
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Have a nice run Ale.

I won my AG (WV35) in a 10k once with 56:xx, I think the WV60 was about 10mins faster..  That was my 10k PB for several years.

Ouch indeed to 5 x 1200m Dustin.  5 x 1000 seems a lot more bearable.  It is only 200m more but still.

"Running" in 50mph isn't funny Els.

Lovely sunset pics Chicksta, thanks.  I found 2 ladies and one guy to run with yesterday.  I saw one of the ladies for the first time in months.  When the clocks change in a couple of weeks the group will hopefully grow a bit.

What: some sort of speedwork? 
    Why: once a week habit
    Last rest: 07.03.22

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you had company, Hazel.

Eek, I have those 5 x 1200 intervals too. My legs are so dead right now, I'm not convinced it' a good idea. I may go to parkrun on Saturday instead. Hammering 5k should be an appropriate substitute I hope. 

10 miles d&d. The weather is so lovely at the moment. It was really enjoyable despite feeling like I was running through treacle. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Chick - nice pictures
    Ale - enjoy the easy run!
    Hazel - have fun with the fast stuff

What - Easy lunchtime miles, coaching village rabble tonight
    Why - recovery, routine
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday
    long (3m) warm up, then 5x1200 with 400 easy recovery, mile or so cool down.
    Pleased with how that went: 4.47/4.57/4.55/4.52/4.50 never really felt uncomfortable which must be a good thing.
    lyric - nope 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Afternoon!

Decent session, Dustin! Hope that your speedwork goes as well, Hazel!

I think 5k tempo is a good idea for Saturday, Chick: an excellent substitute! I am tempted to do the same but really should leave it until I get the head scan results a week tomorrow. 

What: the time says it was an easy 40 minutes, but it wasn't

Why: hard slog in the wind on tired legs

Wonder how Emz, and Lucas, are doing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Also popping back in!
    Well done on the 45 Ale.
    For me 9.5 miles up to Olympic Park and back via Victoria Park.
    Supposedly easy , and even allowing for the flat course I was a bit too quick (sub 8s)
    Maybe there is something in that training lark....it certainly didn't feel that pace.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Dustin good session. 

What just over 2 miles 
    Why indeed?
    Last hard today Wednesdays  usually are after 2 night shifts short shifts now till Saturday  then off for a week 
    Lyrics nope but knew yesterday's 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Going well on the consistent consistency Pammie! Keep it going!

Re lyrics, my favourite lines from the song:

Laughing on the bus
    Playing games with the faces
    She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
    I said "Be careful, his bowtie is really a camera"

Hope that helps!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ale I cheated googled the lyrics after of course I recognise the song now 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great tune isn't it Pammie!