Options

Thursday 10th March 2022 - And I ride, and I ride

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning all
Lyric (second line) - And I ride, and I ride

Good work with the consistent consistency Pammie!!

What - Easy miles x2 
Why - 
lunchtime easy, coaching the kids tonight
last rest - 14/10
last hard - yesterday in the end: 9.5 lunchtime quicker than planned and ended up with another 5+ last night coaching the village group (tempo set)
Had to google yesterday's lyric in the end.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

Yesterday's were America, Simon and Garfunkel

What: probably half an hour or so

Why: consistent consistency

You are putting a decent training block together, Dustin! And streak...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: Great when the training comes together. I'm getting nowhere with mine but I have about 18 months of no running to compensate. I'm pretty sure I will get around Vienna but if I can do it in sub 4 we'll see. 

Fingers crossed for those scan results, Ale. 

I do know those lyrics. Love that song :+1: 

6 miles easy this morning. The wind has picked up so running against it wasn't very nice but the return felt awesome. 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Afternoon

Busy last couple of days Dustin.  I can imagine the coaching can be more fun than just slogging out solo miles.  Nice set of 1200s the other day.  What sort of warm-up length do you generally do prior to speedy stuff if you say 3m is long? 

Not so sure about your training not going anywhere chicksta - you have been putting in some good miles. 

Just a few days for the results at least Ale. 

Nice to have a week off to look forward to Pammie. 

What: recovery 5 miles
    Why: plan
    Last hard: yesterday's 5 x 2k.  Didn't sound too hard as aiming at around HM effort and having done a 10k recently at a faster pace.  Hmm it wasn't easy though as the race was done on fresh legs.
    Last rest: 07.02.22.

Lyrics: hmmmm - quick cheat - erm - no.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Windy here as well, Chick, although in my case it was into my face the whole time...

Yes, fresh legs make a big difference, Hazel...and mine certainly weren't fresh today.

What: 45 minutes including 2 X 3 minutes at a quicker pace

Why: throwing in the odd quicker section in occasionally, but not flat out. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lyrics - nope.
    Sounds like your training is pretty well on Chick.
    Still keeping low profile following close enough contact with Covid last Sat but still neg. So no yoga class but some online stuff and a solo run. 8m, still windy enough although this seems to be the "best " day this week, only 20mph. 
    Struggling with appraisal paperwork, all the CPD I did over past 2 years not recorded as past emails have been deleted, I can get about 60% of it but is it enough!!
    hazel, I'd take it a bit easy after a tough 10k. Dustin I'd need a 2 hour lunch break for that!
    Back to the frustrating paperwork I guess, or it could be coffee time!