Friday 11th March 2022 I'm sittin' in the railway station

Morning! 

Lyrics: I'm sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket to my destination

What: something easy

Why: yesterday was fairly hard
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done on the speedier bits yesterday, at least today will be a nice easy one!
    Chick - I too would say going nowhere isn't quite right - you missed a big chunk of training and seem to be right back on the intensity/consistency train.
    Els - I'm generally working 6.30/7.00 until 5.00/5.30 so I'm more than happy to take 2 hours out for lunch if need be, I'm lucky that my paymasters don't seem to mind (or notice!)
    Good luck with the paperwork, bane of most of our lives I'd suggest.....
    Hazel - In marathon training I tend to do the LT or intervals after a bigger warm up as P& D suggest. 3 + 1 with the group is about normal so the session can be 10-12 miles in total. If I'm focussing on the shorter stuff (mile-10k) then the intervals are by definition faster so I tend to do 1 maybe 2 mile max warm up, but more plyos/dynamic drills.

What - easy 5 or 6 miles in the Wharf
    Why - tired legs, get some sun, LSR tomorrow
    last rest - 14/10 but good news is taper starts next week so there will be more!
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - I think so
    yesterday was Iggy Pop - The Passenger

• Morning

Uggh to the paperwork Els.

Good to see you doing some speedwork again Ale.

Thanks for the warm-up feedback Dustin.  I often need 3 miles (including a few strides) regardless of what I am doing and it tends to make a run with intervals in it pretty long in total.  A plan might have 8 miles for 5 x 1k intervals but I will often end up doing more like 10 miles by the time I get back to my starting point which sometimes feels like too much.    I should maybe try shortening the distance of the warm-up and doing drills etc. as well.  Enjoy the sun today and good luck with the LSR tomorrow - last one or one more to go?

What: cycle
    Why: running rest day
    Last hard: could do with it being the weekend already but need to do a few hours work yet
    Last rest: 11.03.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Afternoon!

I think people underestimate the importance of a warm up, particularly as we age. Takes me a long time to get going, even on a steady run, never mind where there is anything "speedy" involved!

What: just over 30 minutes easy

Why: as planned. Very windy. 

Now for cross training in a big supermarket!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics I think so
    Alehouse I totally agree about warm up!! I've got to start because i just ran a couple of miles tonight and felt rubbish for about 5 mins or so. Nice running and enjoy the supermarket 🤞
    Hazel hope your mom running day was good
    Dustin I love the song you did yesterday. Hope you're run round the wharf was nice

I won a prize for my race last weekend, can you believe that!! £20 credit for the company's races
    What just over 2
    Why park run plus recce warm up in the morning
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28/2
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done, Wabo: a prize! Re warm ups it takes me at least 15 minutes on most runs to remotely feel like a runner! Needs to be longer for anything quicker.
    Will that be a different parkrun tomorrow?

Supermarket was chosen because it had the cheapest fuel; got to the pump and a guy put a sold out sign on it! So no fuel until they get a delivery and he had no idea when that would be.

Hope little one and family are now doing well.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    It will be my local. Grass, so possibly wet and muddy. Little one still not gained a lot of weight. Thyroid function still slight concern. I think they'll go back in another week to check again
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    A windy week
    Jog to and from Leisure centre for aquawalking.
    Utility room largely complete.

Also productive day with JavaScript - can now control theatre lights for church simply by selecting scene for streaming. One click on "scene" will now not only select camera view and microphones but also fade lights in and out.
    Hopefully, weather will now improve and I'll  have time to get outdoors.

Lyrics yes