Wednesday 30th March 2022 And I've got such a long way to go

Morning!

Lyrics: And I've got such a long way to go (such a long way to go)
To make it to the border of Mexico

Another transport themed song.

What: short and easy run

Why: need to get it done before I head for opticians
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    30 minutes d&d in icy rain and blustery wind. Back to winter. The cricket season has started. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Maybe we can blame the weather on the cricket then Ale!

Get well soon to Wabo and family!

Well done on the double yesterday chicksta.

What: 14k with 10k @ 3:30 mara pace effort
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 28.03.22
    Lyrics: pretty sure I should know today's but no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - good work on the double, good news on the hammy
    Hazel - decent run, 10k at MP is definitely good
    Ale - Can sympathise with the weather, freezing here too. Good luck with the eyes.

What - easy 4 miles
    Why - the taper continues
    last rest - Saturday 
    last hard - last week
    Cold beginning to disappear which is good. 

lyric - I don't think so
    Yesterday was Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice MP run, Hazel. 

How's the throat, Dustin? Hope it's just tapir madness :) 

Ale: Cold here too. And snow forecast for tomorrow.

I was supposed to do 18k with 6x1k reps but I binned those. Did the 18k but as it was raining and very cold I wore a bunch of layers which weren't conducive to fast running. I tried but it didnt't feel right. I may do them on the TM on Friday when I'm next in town and near the gym. Or perhaps do parkrun on Saturday although the weather looks very bleak then too. 

So, my marathon campaign is probably doomed  :D 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Evening! 

Well done on the 18k, Chick! Always take the positives: was too cold for anything quick in my view. I don't think that a marathon campaign is doomed on a partially missed session!

Optician was very thorough. No change to prescription needed. Was 40 minutes late going in which was a pain. 

Lots of cross training emptying the kitchen and a bedroom: decorator came round at 3 and is starting tomorrow! My neck would struggle with the ceilings in particular.

Surprised no-one has said that they know the lyrics!