Friday 6th May 2022 I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice

Clue somewhere below!

Els/OH: what a mess with the insurance. I think a high level letter of complaint is needed! Plus I can't remember where you are heading to! 

What: hopefully 30 minutes or so

Why: after a few days of short runs after feeling unwell that would be a step in the right direction.

About to check the local election results.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good to see you well enough for a longer run Ale.

Uggh to the hassles regarding travel insurance Els.  Agree with Ale above.   Travel well!

Any plans going forward chicksta?

What: some miles, maybe with a bit of speed
    Why: stress relief
    Last rest: 05.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're feeling better, Ale. 

Els: You are exceptionally busy :)  Agree with Ale and Hazel though. Deffo write them an appropriate letter. This is just not on.

Enjoy the speed work, Hazel.

Still undecided about further plans. I think I'll just plod May as I please, focusing more on gym stuff because it is sorely needed. I am pathetically weak. Then mayyyybe that trail ultra at the end of August and perhaps a half in November so I have something to focus on getting rid of my ultra plod legs for a renewed spring marathon campaign. Nothing is written in stone but this is a lose idea that may be fun and could work out ok. 

What: 4.5 miles and 40 mins of s&c
    Why: see above
    Last hard: the last couple of reps on the leg extension machine today ;) Quads were burning
    Last rest: 28 April
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Addicted to you, Avicii
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Sounds good Chicksta.  Which trail ultra is that?  I have half an eye on Taubertal for next October (distance tbc) if you fancy a trip down south.

Forgot my last hard:  typically we are in for a heatwave next week.  Prognosis for next weekend is a bit vague but I might DNS the 50k if it means running in 30 degrees as I have 0 acclimatization for that.   I don't want the outlook of another crap distance race after last autumn's marathon.  Any thoughts?  Other than zip up the suit I guess..
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh crap, Hazel. With you re. heat. That's my main fear if I decide on doing that ultra. On the other hand I just want to get round. It's hilly and very sandy/forresty so slow by default.

If it happens to be hot you could just do it very slowly from the beginning with scheduled walk breaks or an appropriately slow pace? It'll still give you a good time on feet training boost. What time does it start? 

This is the website for my ultra (sorry, German only): https://rosengartenlauf.de/event-info-ruhm/
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick / Hazel - I'd always give it a go and revise pace and strategy for the terrain and temperature. After all it's the same conditions for all. A "run 4, walk1" or run at 5.45ks would still probably get you round near the top of the field in your age / cat. I'm looking at a hilly trail marathon at the end of July, I'd be surprised if it's much quicker than 4h30. 
    Chick - also agree about a loose plan. Knocking the club marathon and this trail one out but really I'm looking at 5k & 10k until XC season - that's the theory but may not last (see below)
    Ale - good to see the illness has receded. 
    Els - good work getting the 11 done

What - speed set - 6 x 600s on road (our track is being relaid)
    Nothing exotic , all 2.30 give or take a second or two.
    Why - thought I better think about 5k/10k training, and today was better for me than Saturday - the traditional "track" day. Maybe there is a reason I don't like 10ks!!
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - that was, warm and muggy too, plus too many cars for my liking. Still got it done. 
    Beers and a curry with a few pals later, at least I have a thirst now!!

lyric - thinking about it...