Monday 16th May 2022 If I was an astronaut, I'd be floating in mid-air

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: If I was an astronaut, I'd be floating in mid-air

Eurovision party, Emz?

What: about an hour 

Why: M77's plan

Being kept awake by heavy rain.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning. At work at the minute, but no chance of seeing the eclipse - raining unfortunately.

Not sure about the lyrics, and never worked out yesterday's either.

Got about 5 hours sleep yesterday. Did 5 miles yesterday evening, set off fairly easy but felt fine and ended up getting a bit faster, so finished in 39 minutes.

Enjoyed the race report Hazel, thanks.

Off the next few days - few hours sleep this morning then up and about. Will do a shorter, easier run I think
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yesterday's lyrics were The Beatles with The Long and Winding Road.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope you got in some sleep Ale - I find that rain will often sing me to sleep... Have a nice run with M77.  Good thoughts regarding training kit - I am certainly not someone who trains in shorts and a vest all year but will go down to that if it gets warm / hot.  I do try to train in the heat if I know I can expect a warm/hot race and I have enough time to do so.  Good distance for the week.   I'm not sure what is next right now - will have a couple of recovery weeks and start thinking.

Nice progressive run chamolk.  Enjoy your days off.  I was awake at 2am and had a look out.  Moon was visible but nothing exciting happening at that time so I went back to bed!

Nice weather in Ystad yesterday Els.  Have you read the Wallander novels then? Bit dark at times..

10 miles are a great race distance Pammie - not as painful as a 10k and shorter than an HM. 

What: 5k recovery done before work as I fell out of bed a bit earlier than normal
    Why: get things moving before a day at my desk
    Last rest: 15.05.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

In case you are reading this, Dustin, it is Monday!

What: 48 minutes with M77

Why: we both decided that was enough. Rather wet. 

Glad you got a recovery run in, Hazel! 

Hope you get a run in later, Chamolk. 

Re lyrics, there was a bit of a clue in my first post.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Hazel...not all of them but quite a few! Inspired to find some more now.
    Half way to Stockholm on the train, changing landscapes, less open with lots of rape growing, forests and lakes now!
    Good running Ale. I'm running v badly just now.
    V sunny today but think it will be 3.30 by time have left our bags at hotel. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great report, Hazel. And a great time. The gel rebellion happens to me in every marathon. I can't do more than 4. I'm hoping to teach my tummy to accept solid/savoury stuff for my first ultra. Orange segments rock. I wish they offered them in more races.

Well raced, Dustin. Not many 10 milers in metric land 😉

Great pics, Els.

Nice progression run, Chamolk.

9 miles for me. Hot and windy and my legs were treacly so the whole run was hard work.

Lyrics: I think so.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I appear to have replied on Sunday's thread...
    Been a long week already  :smile:

Cracking report Hazel, well done for seeing it thru after the stomach issues.
    Ale - decent mileage last week, enjoy the M77 outing
    Nice pics Els
    Good running Chick - re gels, can't get on with them, so for me, best avoided!

What - easy lunchtime, Viccy Park
    Why - recovery mode
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - Yesterday
    lyric - not so sure
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 

What just under 2½ miles
    Why easy day
    Last hard. Yesterday 
    Lyrics  nope