Friday 27th May 2022 We're goin' where the sun shines brightly

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: We're goin' where the sun shines brightly
We're goin' where the sea is blue

Have used these before... probably when you last went away, Wabo!

What: something after work

Why: working until lunchtime.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lonely in here today! Everyone on holiday?

What: 10.5k, much of it off road. 

Why: wanted a longer run if I could manage it. Was very pleased to pass through 10 in under 59 minutes: on Monday I could barely manage 9k in 57, on much the same course! And it was windier! Strange how some days are better than others for no particular reason; the first km was awful and I thought that I would never get going...and then I did!

Off to evening cricket shortly, armed with waterproofs, thermals etc. Currently 14 degrees and blustery to say the least. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Somehow your weather has come our way, Ale. It's more April than late may with showers and sun changing places every 5 mins. Well done on the run - sounds positive! Enjoy the cricket.

Wow, a 100k, Hazel. That's quite a jump in mileage. Is it an offroad one?

Sounds rather exhausting, chamolk. Great you found the energy for a blistering mile. I reckon sub 7 is beyond me these days. 

Yes to lyrics. 

Yesterday's were Need you now, Lady Antebellum

6.5 miles done - I wanted to do more but the wind was just too nasty and I'm still a bit lazy ;)

Enjoy your weekend, all. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - enjoy the cricket, definitely leather ball weather here, very sunny and hardly any breeze
    Well done on the longer effort.
    Chick - I think you do yourself a disservice, based on your mara time, you won't be far off 7mm on anything shorter than 10k. 
    Chamolk - tidy run, but surely that was your penultimate mile, must have been a "cool down "mile afterwards  ;)
    Wabo - have a super holiday
    Hazel- epic bike mileage!

What - 8 miles of sweltering trails
    why - escape the PC
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - that was a bit tougher than expected. Many of the fields were very overgrown and it's been baking hot here today with barely a breeze. 
    lyric - of course

Of to a friends 50th later in a field somewhere, delayed from 2 years ago. Hope the sun stays out!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Dustin, I have hat, gloves and several layers of thermals! Enjoy the field!

Sub 7 is certainly not beyond you, Chick!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening

Dustin - lol, yes - though it was just the last half mile very easy to cool down

Hazel - 100km run or bike?

Chick - along with the others, I suspect you could do sub7 

Ale - I know what you mean, it can easily take me a mile to get going if I feel sluggish or stiff

Did 4.6 miles this evening, taking one of the boys along on his bike. Easy run, made a little harder by pushing him up a few hills and carrying his bike over some rough ground

Lyrics yes
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Forgot to post, did just over 8 miles this morning amidst s lot of other stuff, mainly cooking and fighting with lawn mover! Pretty windy though it has now eased off and a lively sunny evening but have rather run out of steam!
    Social run tomorrow hopefully.. still ahvent seen anyone other than Peter since getting home, lots of folk away or got family visiting.