Sun 29th May - I was totin' my pack

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road, when along came a semi with a high an' canvas-covered load

Yesterday's were Motorhead. Written by Lemmy and first recorded with Hawkwind, but then re-recorded by Motorhead for their first album (also called Motorhead) after he was kicked out of Hawkwind and started his own band. 
One of my boys prefers the Hawkwind version, one prefers the Motorhead version. 

Not much new since in last posted. Finish work tonight at 4am, may get to junior parkrun with the boys depending what time I get to sleep

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

What: short run and possible fitness suite

Why: trying to fit things in around marking deadlines

Hope that you get out for a run even if you don't make junior parkrun, Chamolk!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Also fighting with deadlines right now (tax returns - as ususal I delayed until the last minute..)

Did you get to the junior parkrun chamolk?

Good luck with your deadline Ale!  

Have a good Sunday all.

What: Few miles
    Why: didn't run yesterday - just a short mtb trundle in the evening
    Last rest: 28.04.22

Lyrics: no 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great fun yesterday, Chamolk. Kicking myself re. yesterday's lyrics 🤦🏼‍♀️ I used to be a bit of a rock chick 😂

Ugh, tax returns, Hazel 😬 100k on the bike sounds slightly more doable than on foot but it's still one heck of a distance. I'm sure you great those colleagues 😉

Sounds a bit stressful for a Sunday, Ale.

I finally kicked my lazy behind out for a longer run. In the rain. But I loved it!

12.5 miles done ✔️

And yes to lyrics.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: alcester 10 km
    Why: I booked it at the running show. Then COVID rather scuppered my training so I was really nervous!
    Last hard: the 1km fun run I did after the 10km!

Aim was to go faster than last year so roughly 28 mins. However, I felt so under prepared, had no sleep due to a poorly child and not feeling wonderful myself so I was really nervous before starting!

It's a beautiful slightly undulating course with one hill in the middle but enough lumps and bumps to be flattish but not flat. Set off a bit too fast but comfortable. Got to 5km in a post baby Pb (I was so close so pushed myself to 5km to get it). Then eased off a bit, especially as the hill was just after 5km. The pace was dropping a bit at that point, but I did only walk about 100m of the hill which is way less than the October race.

The last 2 km is along a main road , sort of downhill but I'd say about 500m was uphill.  At 1.5km to go I knew I could sneak under 28 min if I pushed to run 5:40 min/km, so hung on. Annoyingly my watch beeped about 100m from the end, so my watch 10km was well under 58 min, but official time will be more like 58:07! Still a 10km post baby Pb so I'll take it.

Now I'm wondering what I could do with targeted training, sleep and not ill!

Then after some water, Lucas and I went to do the kids' fun run. 2 laps to make up the 1km and he ran the whole way! Of course we got lapped (2-14 is a big age range!) but he loved every second of it!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Emz, and Lucas! Lots more to come!

Decent run, Chick!

Just over 5k here to bring up 48k for the week and over 100 miles for May. 

Slightly ahead of target with marking so wrapping up and going to cricket! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Well done Emz, though I was amazed initially when I thought you were aiming for 28 mins for a 10k

Chick - well done on the long run. I'll maybe go for another rock/metal song next time and give you another chance

Hazel - I do the same, always a panic getting it all submitted. And depressing paying it

Ale - hope you enjoy the cricket, nice monthly mileage.

Didn't get to sleep until 6am, so barely even noticed the alarm and didn't make junior parkrun. The 7 year old went with Grandma though and ran himself a pb of 12:19

I've already done 5 runs this week, and I'm still getting back in to it, so didn't do any running today, did a brief core session to start getting back in to that, and feel things aching slightly already. My neck is almost completely better, just a sight pain if I extended it fully, but not really affecting anything.

24 miles done this week, the highest since August I think. I'll aim for about 30 this coming week, then take an easy week
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Well done Emz and Lucas!
    Chick, nice long run.
    Just a short 4m today for me but at least I got out...eventually!