Tue 31st May 22 - when routine bites hard

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - when routine bites hard and ambitions are low and resentment rides high but emotions won't grow

Yesterday's were Stargazer by Rainbow

Not long in from a lovely early morning 45 min easy run. Did 30 mins easy yesterday but never made it to the gym 

Hope the ankle is better this morning Wabo

I think 58 is close enough to 60 that we'll all call it an hour Ale

Knee high grass sounds like my back garden Chick, finally got it cut last night. Nice trail miles

Els - hope work settles down

Dustin - anniversary dinner 2 sounds good, a good way to make up for missed events over the last two years

Happy running

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Your run sounds like a good start to the day, Chamolk! I opened the curtains to rain and it is supposed to be damp for most of the day.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday, plus marking and a meeting get in the way. Meeting is with the uni about honouring Dr Hill and also financing uni sport.

Lyrics: yes!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Nice early running chamolk.

Hmm - I'm no expert emz but if you take a get round it without time ambitions and even a bit of run-walk you could be ok with the HM.  I would aim to increase your longest run distance over the next few weeks though.

Ouch indeed Wabo.  Hope that isn't too bad!  On holiday as well.

Nice weekend Dustin.

58 mins is as good as an hour Ale. 9 degrees does sound a bit grim.  Today's meeting on the otherhand quite interesting maybe. 

Fun trail conditions chicksta. Don't know which is worse given the choice between long grass or mud

Good running Els.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.05.22

Lyrics: maybe
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I'm still undecided about the half!  Let's see how I'm feeling later this week...

What: about 7 km on the track at 6:30 this morning.  Warm up run to the track, then a few warm up laps then did 4 x 100 with 100 recovery and then 2 x 400 with some unknown recovery.
    Why: I was awake in time for Tuesday track
    Last hard: that, but it was sooooo good to be back on the track
    Lyrics: nope

Also, my 2 400 m reps were under 4:50 /km pace.  Not run that fast since pre Lucas (and yes I know it was only 400m but you've got to start somewhere!).

Wabo hope the ankle is ok.
    Ale we got soaked this morning!
    Chick that sounds like  a fun run.
    Dustin happy anniversary :) we are going out for ours tomorrow.

Last night at yoga Lucas managed to do some lunges and stretches and then came home and showed my OH.  He's really enjoying going to mummy child yoga, even if we've been the only ones there for the past 2 weeks!

Have a great day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - nice one, sounds like an hour to me
    Chamolk - good early session
    Emz - tidy repping! well done & Happy anniversary.
    Ours was last Tuesday but managed to drag out dinner & drinks for the best part of a week...

What - club session of 20*1min hard/ 30s easy
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - today I'm sure
    lyric - of course

• elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Dustin, always good to prolong these things!
    Emz, that's speedy pace, love the idea of mum and child yoga!
    Quite a nice day, 8m walk and catch up with friend, then just over 7m run. Tired legs now!
    Hazel, enjoy the group run.
    Ale enjoy the marking and meeting?
    Chamolk, well done on getting out early, I was baking bread then!
    Fracture clinic morning tomorrow then off on afternoon boat to see the grandsprog (and parents).
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

8 mile walk then 7 mile + run sounds a long time on the feet, Els!

And 20 x 1 minute is a tough session, Dustin! When do you start cutting back?

Don't know when I last ran on a track, Emz!

May's figures: 31 days run, 173.95 = 108.09 miles. One parkrun. Had hoped  for more (don't we always!). Didn't feel great at the start of the month and little in the way of speedwork. Oh well, there's always June!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.