Friday 3rd June 2022 I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window

Yesterday's were Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond. Today's were also played at cricket on Wednesday.

What: a run at some point

Why: depends on the weather (currently raining), marking and the legs.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Bummer regarding the ankle Wabo. Will you have it looked at?

Shame about Andy Fletcher indeed chicksta. Nice return to speedwork. I must look up that 50k plan you are working with.

Afternoon tea sounds nice Dustin. Early carbloading? Did you use HR, pace or effort on that hill session? (Tempo downhills)

No cricket today Ale? 

Lots of news about the Jubilee here too. Nice alternative to all the doom and gloom.

What: my own return to speedwork, some tempo intervals.
    Why: time for it
    Last rest: 2.6.22

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - hope the weather eases up, the legs play ball and you get some miles in!
    Do you think the test will be all over by day 3...!?

What - easy 10 on the trails
    Why - slow and easy before heading out 
    last rest - 03/04
    last hard - yesterday

Lovely run out first thing, didn't see a soul until half a mile from home. Think everyone still in bed / hungover from the multitude of Jubilee parties!
    Off to the Malvern hills for a couple of days shortly, packed the trainers, not sure much running will be done...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, the test could be over rather quickly, Dustin! And enjoy the Malvern hills!

Yes, cricket for me this evening. 

Am trying to have a big blast at marking this morning so I can run this pm, after the supermarket that is!

Still cold and damp.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I love the pics of the grumpy royal kids  :D  They made my day yesterday. 

Enjoy your weekend away, Dustin. I love a good afternoon tea.

Hope your tempo sesh goes well, Hazel.

Enjoy the cricket, Ale. 

A little shy of 10 miles of hills for me. There aren't many hills where I live but there's a lumpy area near work so I ran there accumulating about 200m of total ascent which is fine by me. 

Yes to lyrics and I can't believe I didn't realise what yesterday's were!

Looking forward to see Top Gun Maverick at the cinema tomorrow. To warm up we watched the original Top Gun on Prime yesterday. My goodness - that was 36 years ago! Can't believe how time flies. 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Saw the new Top Gun yesterday chick, it was very good.

Sorry to hear the ankle is still bad Wabo, hopefully it resolves quickly

Enjoy the hills Dustin. Yourv session a few days ago reminded me of one I did last summer - 1 min on, 1 min off X 20 - it was one of the toughest sessions I did all year, so 30s rest sounds hard.

Enjoy the tempo intervals Hazel

Hope the marking went well Ale. 

We've got lovely weather here today. Not long back from 90 mins run with a friend - think it was about 10.5 miles. Longest run since last September. Did 30mins on Wednesday with a few short hills and strides to get the legs a bit used to them again, then rested yesterday as my hamstrings were a bit stiff

Lyrics yes.

And my last lyrics 2 days ago were Joy Division with Love With Tear Us Apart
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Went to physio and he said I've managed to do the ligaments on the inside and outside of my ankle. Unusual he said because you normally go down a hole and turn it over doing the outside, all he can imagine is somehow I then tried to correct it and turned the inside as well. Got bruising there but also it hurts. He says no running for 6 weeks maybe, we'll see. Lots of stretching to do to try reduce scar tissue 
    Chamolk good about weather, here is nice too. Lovely running! 
    Lyrics oh yes indeed
    Hazel enjoy the speedwork!
    Dustin well done on the early run, have a great weekend
    Chick great running, I loved the grumpy pics too, loved that he stuck his hand over Kate's mouth, it's what kids do royal or not good for him! 
    On a very good note, even without running 5+ lbs of the 10, yes 10, I gained in holiday are gone
    Off for a coffee with running mate this morning, she's gutted about my ankle. All kinds of races cancelled
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can