Sunday 5th June 2022 ... And celebrations

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: ... And celebrations
When I tell everyone that you're in love with me

Yesterday's were Killer Queen, Queen.

What: a run later

Why: pressing on with marking. And it is raining and cold: 10 degrees, feels like 8 at present.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Quiet!

What: just over 6k

Why: was asking that! Dressed in full winter gear: two thermals, waterproof, traksters, gloves, hat. Got rather damp. 12 degrees, feels like 10 at high noon.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Quiet indeed.

That's cold,  Ale!

25 degrees here. It's Ironman Hamburg and we went cheering and supplying the marshal at the end of our road with a chair, food and water. Poor boy stood there in the baking sun.

Just a walk today. I killed my back gardening.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    We're having a lovely weekend - sitting about 18 degrees and sunny.

Did the junior parkrun today with the youngest boy - 21st one for him, so it's the marathon milestone which got him a wristband and a free ice cream. Fireworks display last night didn't start until 22:30 so the boys are so pretty tired today.

Did an easy mile afterwards to take me to 30 miles for the week, my highest weekly mileage since last August. Legs feel pretty good, even with the parkrun yesterday, but I've an easy week planned this coming week, then another 3 weeks of building mileage.

Hope the back gets better soon chick

Surprised you are able to run with all that gear on Ale 😄
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Sorry been awol

What 10km 
    Why may not get chance tomorrow  waiting in for someone  to do repairs 
    Last Hard first half of  today
    Lyrics no 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

10k is brilliant progress, Pammie! Puts me to shame!

That's pretty warm for the ironmen and women, Chick!

And quite warm for your neck of the woods, Chamolk! Stopped raining here about an hour ago! 
    re kit, you do get used to wearing more; club saying was train heavy, race light, and I stick with that!
    And good going from your youngest!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening..

Mixed bag regarding the weather it seems.  

Nice of you to support your local marshal chicksta. Hope the back isn't too bad.

Great work on the 10k pammie! Good the second half felt easier.

I would have had heatstroke in that clothing here Ale, warm rather than hot but very humid. 

Well done to your boy Chamolk. Good mileage from you too.

What: 19 undulating km, worked harder on the ups. Got drenched but it wasn't cold.
    Why: felt like more than just a plod
    Last hard: Friday's speedwork:had to break it off die to the conditions. Couldn't breathe.
    Last rest: 04.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh, forgot to say - lyrics yes, unfortunately. Was he on one of the buses in the parade earlier?

Well done with the 10k Pammie, and nice hilly long run Hazel

I've heard that saying before Ale, though I've never tended to do it. On one of the very hot days last year I weighed 2.1kg less after a one hour run than I did before - if I sweat that much in vest and shorts I dread to think how dehydrated I'd get in more gear