Monday 13th June 2022 Bang, bang, bang, bang goes the farmer's gun

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Bang, bang, bang, bang goes the farmer's gun

Yesterday's were Bright Eyes, Art Garfunkel, from the film Watership Down.

Hope you can walk today, Dustin!

What: about an hour

Why: M77's plan
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done Dustin! Long day.  Hope the legs don't stiffen up too much today.

Nice run today with M77 despite the niggles Ale?

What: few miles with some short hill sprints and strides (if the legs are willing)
    Why: didn't run yesterday, long weekend coming up (again) and due to get hot so no rest day today
    Last rest: 12.06.22.

Lyrics: no - hopefully the farmer isn't after those rabbits..  Must read Watership Down again - great book.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, pleasant run with M77, Hazel, despite all sorts of niggles! Felt better at the end than the start! Exactly an hour. Breezy again and 13 degrees, feels like 11. Could do with some heat, although some is promised for later in the week. 

Wonder how Wabo is getting on ankle-wise. 

And Emz and Chamolk.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Rabbit theme to lyrics now Ale!
    Working day today then just one more before I'm away. Think I'd rather be at work next Monday!
    Some stamina Dustin, well done!
    Little one after work likely!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, Dustin. That's incredible commitment!

Hope the legs are willing, Hazel.

That's rather cold, Ale. Mind you, we had a thundery shower and temp dropped from 19 right down to 12. Sun's out again and temps are back to 20ish 😊

Is it your aneurysm op, Els? All fingers and toes crossed for you 🙌🏻

No to lyrics today.

5 steady miles done. Rather windy but happy with an average pace of 5:15.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thanks all for the comments. Legs seem OK ish today. To be honest mooching about afterwards and staying active seems to help me recover a little quicker. 
    What - something very short and easy. 
    Need to run a couple of errands so may literally run between them
    why - 26.2 yesterday
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - 12/06
    lyric - believe so
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    think I do know thelyrics
    dustin glad your legs are ok, nice running!!
    chick hope you enjoyed your run
    alehouse, ankle has been aching at the weekend, I went to my sons on Saturday and all grandkids were there so I didnt manage to rest it much! Swelling is going down.  I won't be attempting a run any day soon. Glad you had a  nice run!
    hazel I bet your legs were willing! Hope it was good

Off to cinema later with my daughter to see a new Emma Thompson film, should be fun

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry, a bit AWOL for a week or so. Was doing nights/tired last week, then away in Dublin for a night, then my browser was doing something funny and meant I couldn't access the forum at all.

Well done on the marathon Dustin, especially as the extra duties before and after it. Moving about afterwards, rather than lying/sitting down, probably do help in my experience too.

Ale - yes, well noticed, it was my birthday last month.

I'll need to catch up, hope the varies niggles (ankles, backs etc) are recovering. Is your ankle better yet Wabo?

Easy week last week meant no running for 5 days unfortunately. Did easy 30 mins yesterday, then 30 again today with a few hill reps - not going too hard at it, just getting used to hills again 

Lyrics no
  • Wabo, enjoy the cinema and hope there will be running soon!
    Dustin, well done, walking around after s long run does me good...as long as there's something to graze on...any cake on offer!
    Bit of procastination after work but finally got out for 5 miles, still cool and windy. 
    Yes it is Click , might need a cattle prod to get me in there, nervous!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Dustin well done for everything  yesterday hope your legs recover soon. The keeping  active makes sense 

Wabo hope you can manage  to rest ankle and you're up and back running. Any more physio

Els best wishes for the op though you are nervous  I'm sure you'll be OK

What 2¼ miles easy ☺
    Why bought new shoes so had to give them a turn
    Last Hard yesterday 
    Lyrics think so 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    We couldn't go cinema, jodies oh started a new job today and didn't get away. 
    Never mind, theatre weds lol
    Physio again Thursday pammie.
    I won't be running anytime soon, if I spend any amount of time on my feet it really hurts. Never done my ankle this bad before.
    Els hope op goes well xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can