Thursday 23rd June 2022 Whenever I'm with him Something inside Starts to burning

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Whenever I'm with him
Something inside
Starts to burning

Yesterday's were She's Leaving Home, The Beatles. 

What: will see what the legs fancy shortly

Why: want to run before it gets too hot. The heatwave continues!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Hot, really? You need to come up here, though a hint of blue sky.
    Signs of recovery I hope but can't even start testing again until tomorrow so no signs of release, could do with a little walk! 
    Have a good day folks.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good idea to get out before the heat Ale - cricket weather maybe?  Is Salvador settling in well?

Plenty of blue sky at the moment here Els - deluge likely later again.  Do you have to isolate / quarantine nowadays or is it by personal preference?  

Good news on the hammy Dustin. 

Nice you have some activities to distract you from the ankle Wabo - hope your mum is well.

Thunderstorms were pretty impressive though not long chicksta.  Definitely joined up rain and wouldn't have wanted to be out on the bike on it (short ride and back in time).  Good mileage.  I guess you will be starting to ramp that up soon for your ultra?

Good running and walking pammie.

What: 14k with 3 x 9 mins (tempo pace?) off 3 mins recoveries
    Why: this week's speedier stuff - need to get more consistent there
    Last hard: that was in high humidity - was dripping with sweat at the end (nice!)
    Last rest: 22.06.22

Lyrics: familiar?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - you must have nicked our sun today - started a bit grey and a smattering of rain...What's going on!!
    Wabo - sounds like a decent Cornish trip, sorry to hear the ankle isn't playing ball
    Chick - decent midweek run , nice one!
    Pammie - never under estimate the benefits of a long walk, that's epic! Running going well too. Great stuff.
    Hazel - sounds like a solid session in store there. Have fun!

What - undecided - Want to do some faster reps but think I'll be better off giving the legs a few more days, so maybe continuous steady hills. 
    Why - as above
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - Tuesday/today
    lyric - I believe so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

That's a decent session, Hazel! And Salvador is fine or was yesterday when I visited!

I would be going for something flat and easy, Dustin!

23 degrees by the end of my run, with 27 forecast for this pm. No sign of rain here, unusually! 

What: about an hour d&d but not the best run

Why: tired legs, especially hips; couldn't get up even the slightest rise as glutes were reluctant to fire; probably slightly dehydrated and was certainly perspiring by the end! 

Now to watch cricket on TV or listen whilst gardening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the cricket, Ale. Those temps take some time to get used to. I guess a week ago you were still layering up ;)

Dustin: Steady hills sound good. Althouh uphill sometimes triggers my hammies. Fingers crossed you're ok.

Hazel: My training plan is pretty moderate. I think I run more in marathon training but what I do right now is a lot more specific like hills, offroad stuff and weights in the gym. There will be a few tougher weeks ahead but I'm peaking at 22 miles for the longest. The course is going to be hard core so I expect to walk loads. 
    Well done on your speed session. Sounds pretty tough. 

Pammie: Blimey! That was a super long walk. What Dustin said. All miles are beneficial. They don't have to be running miles. 

Els: Do you have to stay indoors? I would think a little walk should be possible if you stay away from people?

By the way: There's a spammer on the January 9 thread. Feel free to flag the post  >:)

6 miles first thing and I mean first thing. I overslept so I had no chance to have brekkie or a coffee first. First mile felt horrid but then the body woke up and it was a good run :) 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Should have listened to Ale...
    Headed out, whole body ached, tired physically and mentally so canned fast stuff. Did just 6x300 steady hills to tick the "out of comfort zone" box. Plus side is the hammy behaved. 
    Few more easier days I think.
    Coaching the kids tonight, that's always a laugh. 
    Talking of which, the England Commonwealth Games team announced. One of the 800m runners is Ben Pattison. He started out in our under 11 group, and now look at him a 1.45.2 800m runner....
    He's running the UK Champs this weekend too (along with another two of our club guys). Some cracking talent at 800m this year. 
  • chick, have to wait for 2 negative tests for that, but we do have a garden to sit in!
    Even harder as P has had his 2 negative tests and had a walk to the beach. Ah well, at least it's sunny and warm today!
    Enjoy your running folks, and hope that ankle is getting better Wabo.
  • Enjoyed my walk to the beach today 😃