Wednesday 13th July 2022 - Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

Morning,

these lyrics have likely been used before but I don't think recently?

4th line..

What: short cycle later
Why: rest day runningwise
Last rest: today

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to set some lyrics! And yes to today's: crossed my mind yesterday! 

What: MLR?

Why: take advantage of a cooler morning. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hope you are out enjoying your MLR in the meantime Ale (or are likely already finished)

You certainly earned those beers yesterday Dustin.

Good points regarding not taking up tri chicksta.  The costs would put me off as well - though I guess you don't have to invest thousands in kit for the odd low-level one.  Good repping yesterday.

Rain this way please chamolk.  Off-road running is getting very dusty again.

Glad the family arrived ok and hope Ellie picks up soon Els.  Downhill with a tailwind could be nice as long as the legs can keep up with the wind.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Some sort of MLR planned today for me too, once I finally get up.

Yesterday's lyrics were Paolo Nutini with New Shoes.
    Today's lyrics - yes, think we had them fairly recently.

Dry here again today so maybe the rain is heading your way Hazel.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: Didn't quite get the run I wanted. Set off with 60 to 75 minutes in mind, which would have been a LSR for me. Unfortunately about 4k in it all went wrong!

Why: I blame the sun! Running directly into the sun I didn't see a low hanging branch and ran straight into it! Bad graze to the collar bone area where I hit the branch; bruised hip from the hard ground on which I landed! Anyway, could have been worse! 8.1k logged. May be a little tender tomorrow!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Ale, hope things aren't too sore tonight or tomorrow. 8.1k so presumably you had to run home after it happened

My run went better than yours -75 mins with 656 feet of ascent, about 8.6 miles. Only issue I had was that it started to rain in the last ten mins - felt refreshing, but I'd left the washing out before I left.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ale - ouch, sounds a little nasty, hopefully nothing too sinister 
    chamolk - rain? No, you’ll have to remind me what that is…
    hazel/chick - all this talk of triathlon - I can’t swim and don’t have a bike so that sort of scuppers it for me 😂

what - hour easy on the volcanic wastelands
    why - recovery 
    last rest- 11/6
    last hard - yesterday