Fri 22nd July - we are young, we run green

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - we are young, we run green, keep our teeth nice and clean, see our friends, see the sights

Yesterday's were Hotel Yorba by The White Stripes

Where is your local parkrun Emz? I'll see what we can do - I'll have the 7 year old with me then, but he likes doing the 5k parkrun too. Is that the day of the rail strike? We're staying in North Coventry.

Thanks for the info Ale. I'll maybe check the parkrun map to see what runs are where

One day Chick, it'll be the weekend soon

You make it home safely Dustin? Hope your luggage stayed with you

I was off last night but my wife was working. Awake from 04:30 irritatingly though, I'll need to sleep again before work tonight.

Probably another hour again today. Aiming for about 40 miles again this week, then easy week next week

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: no

Hope you get your hour in, and your sleep, Chamolk!

What: a run

Why: running every day. Not sure what or when. Heavy rain at present and 15 degrees. Quite a contrast to the 38 of earlier in the week. Garden needs the rain though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

So, 21st July, 10 a.m. Midsummer. 13 degrees, feels like 11, extremely wet. Probably marginally better than the 38 degrees of Tuesday! One Day International cricket at Old Trafford at 1 pm: I don't hold out much hope, and glad that I decided against buying tickets.

Anyway, short run d&d. Waterproofs, hat...and went back for gloves!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon..

Good to see the potential parkrun meet up chat.  Hope that works out. 

Annoying to wake up like that when you need your sleep chamolk.

The gloves yesterday just made me laugh Ale - sorry.  No need for those here.  It was actually reasonably cool this morning but with speedwork I was out in lightweight shorts and a vest.   

Not long to go to the weekend now Chicksta.

Good to see you pop in again emzap. 

I hope Dustin istn't searching for his suitcase somewhere.

What: Tempo intervals 18 + 12 this time with 4 mins recoveries.
    Why: getting some speed back
    Last hard: dragging myself away from the rest of last night's athletics I was watching in my lunch break.   This morning's run was hard too but I got it done.
    Last rest: 18.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Waterproofs, hat and gloves? Sounds like vest and shorts weather still to me Ale.

Had much nicer weather than you this evening - sunny, about 20 degrees, slight breeze. Did 7.4 miles easy pace.

Is that 18 mins and 12 mins at tempo pace Hazel? I need to start doing a few sessions like that again, I've been mostly doing fairly easy stuff to build the miles back up, but need to add some faster pace stuff.