edited July 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Tried to shift it, couldn't even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea

From part way through the first verse.

What: short run

Why: easy day
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Hiya
    Ale - that is a quality field, well done for supporting the event.
    Hazel, Chick - solid sessions, makes me almost miss marathon training (*it doesn't)
    Recovering , but legs still a little jaded, lets see how tomorrow's track session goes (600 reps)
    OH - good to hear, full fitness meant a return to a full (ish) healthy state. 
    Chamolk - thought of you as I watched some of the opening ceremony. Shudder to think what the rest of the world think of Brummies!

What - easy trails
    why - Friday
    last rest -25/07
    last hard - Last Sunday
    Return to coaching the U11s last night, first time in weeks after holiday/club race. 
    Almost missed the little brats  :D 

Oh, couple of shots of the terrain from last Sunday's race:

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning. 

Nice pics Dustin, looks a tough enough place to run.

Watched the opening ceremony on TV - didn't know half those countries were in the commonwealth. Were you watching it Ale? I noticed you posted just as it ended last night. Sounds like a pretty decent field at the 5k.

Hope you're recovering well OH, happy retirement.

Few minor blips on the way over - we had one passenger more than expected which caused a 20 minute delay, though it wasn't apparently his fault - his ticket hadn't been scanned right as he came through the airport. Then, just as we were about to land (on final approach with landing gear down etc) we suddenly powered up and ascended again. There was a plane on the runway, apparently by mistake somehow - had to circle once then land 

Had a swim after getting here in the hotel pool. About to go for another swim now, then we're heading over to the table tennis. Edgbaston this evening.

Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Tough looking pictures, Dustin!

No, didn't watch any of the opening ceremony, Chamolk! Got back from the race and then had to go over to look after my 98 year old neighbour for a while: she has various carers throughout the day and one overnight. The lady who gave her evening meal had fed her some cake that was over two weeks out of date: my neighbour was extremely sick. I stayed with her until the ten o'clock shift started. Not sure how she is now: there have been carers there most of the morning including the boss woman, which is not the normal pattern. Will go over late and check upon her. 
    Enjoy your watching!

Haven't run yet. Was going to run after a major shop in the supermarket beginning with T, but decided that I was too hungry! So what little I do will be later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale...good neighbour!
    Lyrics yes! Chamolk ouch to travel probs...enjoy your trip.
    Dustin..looks great terrain for a run.
    10m on v sunny west coast...with a lot of cruise ship passengers at marwick head.
    Waiting to have lunch with middle daughter and bf who are here fleetingly on return from antrip to Faroe...been waiting in cafe 20m so far for them!. Peter is at funeral for one of his swimming pals partner...not someone I've met but will join us after.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Change of plan and ran. Just under 25 minutes. Enough for today. Inevitably it started raining part way through. 

Commonwealth Games this pm: watched the end of men's tri and will be rooting for Georgia T-B in the women's at 2:31 pm!
  • The hoardes hit Marwick head!
  • Looking south to Hoy
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice pics guys and great speedwork  Hazel.

Sorry, late check-in. Busy day at work and going away for the weekend now.

But I ran 20 miles before work today 👊🏻 Obviously I'm knackered now 😉

Yesterday's lyrics were As it was, Harry Stiles