Thursday, 4th August 2022 - I got lost in the wilderness

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Training
Good morning, all

Lyrics:
I got lost in the wilderness
I thought I was surely falling apart

Random radio song again :) 

Ale: With you on the strides. I like prefer 100m - speed up for 20 - good form for 60-80 - slow down.

Another hot day here. It's already 24 degrees. In fact it never cooled down last night. 

So, just a short one to pick up my new insoles and then hiding in my airconditioned office. 

Have a good day, all. 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Insoles, Chick: related to your ops?

14 degrees, feels like 13 with a max today of 18. Back to a normal summer! Hopefully won't rain. 

What: a run

Why: haven't decided when or where yet
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I bet I know these lyrics
    Yesterday's were China girl by Bowie, a joint passion between me and my kids dad. We did spilt when I was pregnant but still I feel sad he's not here. Obviously. 
    Have a nice run ale!
    Chick don't blame you for hiding!!! I'm actually wearing a dress for work as it's too hot!!
    What just under 11 miles bike ride to work, took 56 mins v slow but lovely
    Why I said I would
    Last hard that was
    Last rest Tuesday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Talking rubbish I didn't know those lyrics or the artist at All 🤣🤣
  • Morning.

All the best Els.

Good news regarding the injection OH.  

Nice to have a connection to someone in the athletics Dustin.  

Enjoy the air-conditioning chicksta - hot here too, seems I have timed it well as just a recovery today and rest day tomorrow.  I will hibernate indoors until the sun goes down for sure but it takes ages for it to cool down after that.

Can't remember the last time we had max 18 degrees Ale.  But remind me when I moan about too much snow and ice in the winter that I don't like the heat either!

Well done on the cycling Wabo.

The long strides were on the P&L HM plan I am loosely following at the moment to get some speed endurance back.  Does provide a bit of variety I suppose.  

Did anyone else watch the ladies' 10k ?  Fantastic to watch.  

What: relaxed 10k recovery before work
    Why: cut-back week 
    Last rest 01.08.22

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ale: Yes, those insoles help with the rolling motion now that my toes are stiff. I got two pairs last year but they're done. They're like running shoes and have a shelf life with respect to mileage. 

Can we swap temps? 31 now and it's not even 11 am. 

Wabo: haha, I would have been surprised if anyone knew the lyrics. Not even sure the artist is known outside Germany. 

Enjoy our 10k, Hazel. I managed 10k in total but I was completely drenched. The heat isn't the worst offender today, it's the humidity that makes it hard to bear ...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel the 10k was amazing. My Oh said she wont do it, about 120 metres to go and I looked at her face and heard the crowd and said, oh yes she will!!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Afternoon!

Yes, enjoyed the 10,000! Eilish and her partner Michael live nearby...when they aren't in Dubai with mum Liz or are travelling the world! He trains with a group from my club, although he runs for another club. Rarely see them!

Careful on that bike, Wabo!

Hadn't crossed my mind that the insoles wear out, Chick! When I had insoles made they were carbon fibre and virtually indestructible!

What: 31 minutes, running a couple of k up a gradual hill and then a circuitous undulating route back. 5.23 km, so a little quicker pace than I usually train at. 

Why: trying to be less stale!

Meant to say, I felt cold for most of my run despite two tops! "Feels like 13" at 11am in the summer! Not much warmer now due to a strong breeze. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG, just how amazing was McColgan's performance?? Stunning. I just watched the last couple of mins on YouTube. She was so determined. Absolutely mesmerizing to watch. That other chick just couldn't shake her! I'm just wondering how much that last lap must have hurt. Just wow. Well done  <3
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - solid set yesterday. As for strides, anything more than 100s isn't a strides set is it?
    Wabo - well done on the bike ride. 800m final is Saturday.
    OH - good news
    Hazel et al. - yes, watched the 10k, that was a solid win. 
    Ale - sounds a nice session today
    what - 3 done earlier dropping off some club stuff. Coaching tonight - no kids session - 200m hills, 300m long loop back recovery. I'll probably do a few hills but won't be overdoing it.
    why - legs take longer to recover!
    last rest - 25/7
    last hard - today/tuesday
    lyric - not so sure
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I was careful on the bike ale,I was even a mechanic! Some dogs stepped me so bad I slipped the gears on a hill and the flipping chain came off and got wedged between the frame. I had to get it back on which I've never had to do when it's jammed!!! 
    When Kristian met me at 11 miles I had filthy black hands 🤣
    It certainly isn't cold in London