Friday 5th August 2022 You gotta take your time

Morning!

Lyrics: You gotta take your time
You gotta say what you say

Lines 2 and 3.

Cold and wet this morning: 11 degrees, feels like 9. Just have to put up with it! Most people will be jealous of the rain!

What: to be decided

Why: hoping the weather is better later. Probably 40 minutes or so. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Whoa, that's cold, Ale. Is this normal for your neck of the woods or is it just a spectacularly rubbish summer? 

We were lucky. Thunderstorms last night brought a welcome change. Max of 22 today and the rain was sorely needed. It's still fairly muggy outside but so much nicer than yesterday. 

Ouch, Wabo! That's why I hate the road bike. My ebike has a gearless shifting mechanism so this crap can't happen anymore  :D 

Just 5k this morning. Supposed to be a rest day but I figured a gentle 5k can't hurt.

Yesterday's lyrics were Purple Disco Machine - In the Dark (it's a German DJ/producer and rather popular over here at the moment)
  • Morning

It was 24 degrees here at 4:30 am Ale.  Rain?  What is that?  Hope you find a window for a dry run later.

Lucky the jammed chain didn't cause you to fall off Wabo (been there, done that..).  

Will have a listen to that chicksta - doesn't ring any bells. (currently working my way through Röyksopp).  

What: rest day - maybe a walk later
    Why: race tomorrow
    Last hard: sleeping

Lyrics: familiarish 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo, chick. hazel - that's why I don't have a bike (and I've seen the way people drive...)
    Ale - that is cold. Hose pipe ban here, and beautifully clear blue skies...
    Hazel - good luck tomorrow

What - easy run
    Why - recovery 
    last rest - 26/07
    last hard - yesterday: club session, 9x250m hills, 350m recovery. Harder than I remember...
    lyric - hmm, pondering...
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hello again

Back from from Birmingham/Coventry last night. Had a great time. Few days over with one if the boys - table tennis, rugby 7s, weightlifting and badminton. Back over with my wife on Monday night - all day at the athletics on Tuesday, including the mens 10,000m and first day of the heptathlon. Then judo, more table tennis and badminton.

Fantastic weather, great crowds and generally very well organised.

Managed a rather uninspiring 30min run on Wednesday along a main road and in a business park. Yesterday morning I found a canal and had a lovely run along the towpath for 10k.

Just back in from an hour here - started steady and progressed to tempo, did just over 8 miles.

Need to catch up on the forum for the last few days, hope everyone is well

Lyrics no
  • Lyrics nope!
    Weather warm and sunny in Fife and just been up west lomand hill near Falkland in sunshine.
    Run with some Falkland squerls last night on trails , was lovely although we were stressed andnweary.
    Bad news   got half way south and then we're called to say consultant has covid so procedure is being postponed after possibility of someone else doing it but in the end opted for continuity but lots of indecision! Anyhow got my head round it now.
    Got air BnB here so staying put for few more days. 
    Everyone sounds busy. For once we get the warm weather!
  • Today West lomand.
    Pretty travel and stress weary.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear of the postponement, Els! It isn't as if the hospital is just down the road! Unfortunately you just have to roll with it! Hope it is re-arranged in the nearish future! Meanwhile, enjoy the break, which looking at the photos, you intend to. 

Warmed up to16 degrees for my run...although that was out of the wind; in the strong breeze it was considerably cooler. 

This summer has so far been nothing special, Chick...apart from the two days of 37 and 38 degrees. Everywhere is green, which sort of says it all!

What: 50 minutes, largely off road

Why: MLR. It was a struggle today for no particular reason. Think I will give parkrun another miss tomorrow. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.