Shoes for cushioned stability and kind on Achilles?

2»

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Mac - that's promising with the Nimbus.    As you've been injured you're probably right that you're running a little awkwardly, instinctively trying to protect yourself.   That should ease and your running should become more relaxed and enjoyable.
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    Thanks. 
    Well the park run went really well today. No pains or issues at all and I am starting to feel I’m turning a corner in how I run. Not fully fit yet of course but on my way and these shoes are great!
    I reckon I can bin the box  ;)
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    down The down side is I now have some mud on my new shoes!!!
    Looks like the honeymoon’s over!
    The box is now in the recycling bin. 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Mac - well done on having a good run at parkrun.   Looks like you're on the comeback now and can settle down and enjoy your running.

Your running shop will be pleased too as no more shoe returns and the box is where it should be  ;)
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Thanks for your help and encouragement 👍
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome  :)
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    Well, the Achilles issue went away for a while, allowing me to run 1-3 times a week (max 4 miles per time) and even started doing park runs..... but, for no reason I can ascertain, it came back with a vengeance on Monday following a short 3.9 mile run.
    I can barely walk on it now. This is getting silly.
    So fed up  :(
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Mac - sorry to hear that, so frustrating.   
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    I know, I'm fearful that I will just have to stop running and concentrate more on cycling?
    Frustratingly, I wasn't over doing it, or trying to go too fast and there were no real hills as such.
    Also no issues or pain or even tightness on the previous run either, everything felt fine, even when I started the last fateful run, until about 2.5 to 3 mile, I felt like the heel pads on my new shoes were rubbing on my heel a little (they hadn't done that previously so what's changed?) then the Achilles tightened, started to get a little painful and I was starting to then limp a little so had to keep stopping to walk. Later that day it was painful and tight, the next morning I could barely get down the stairs!
    Had the heel pad rubbing somehow triggered it off again? I'm not sure why my heel pads were rubbing on this run but not on previous runs? Perhaps I somehow over tightened the shoes or perhaps my feet had morphed over night into a new shape!
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Mac - I don't know.   Maybe time to get a rehab plan from physio or podiatrist, lots of strength work perhaps?
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, but for now it's on my bike!
    I'll give it a few weeks and try again...gently....
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Mac - hope it's just a fleeting flare up and it settles quickly.
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    Thanks I’ll let you know  :)