Options

Monday 12th June 2023 These are words that go together well

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: These are words that go together well...
Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble
Tres bien ensemble

Second and fourth lines. 

What: 45 minutes d&d

Why: what M78 wanted to do. Enough because of the heat. Enjoyable conversation! First test for the shoulder as well, and so far so good but won't speak too soon!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry busy at work..

That sounds positive Ale.  Maybe you could encourage M78 to join us on here?

Is your 2nd place confirmed in the meantime Els, or did you get the win after all?  Excellent either way.  There is fortunately no pic of me finishing my 50k in May, that was a terrible shuffle.

Well done on the trail miles Dustin.

5 night shifts in a row is nasty Pammie, but I think you have some time off now?

What: 11k done before breakfast and work with 3k warm-up, 5k tempo effort, 3k cool-down
    Why: I am switching my training around a bit, reducing the mileage a little and increasing the quality work.  Today's run was a moderate reintroduction to tempo work.  I also want to try to free up Sundays again so running week started on Monday rather than Tuesday.  No running until tomorrow evening now.
    Last hard: this morning, had to get up earlier than normal and that on a Monday
    Last rest: 9.06.2023

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Hope reaction to the run this morning?Ale.

Hazel That is a tasty workout and early before work!

Lyrics yesterday Born to run by Bruce Springsteen and very apt.

What 1 hour recovery run
    Why Needs must.
    Last hard: This heat!
    Lyrics No
    Last rest 28/05

This morning's run was hard as body not happy with so little sleep.Bring on the cooler weather.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL at the weekend. Went on a little cycling trip.

Hazel: good strategy to do more quality and free up the Sunday.

Also struggling in the heat, Poppy.

How is the shoulder, Ale?

Well done, Els. Will you get some bling?

10k run. I was roasting!

Lyrics: yes

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Hazel great early run
    Not quite 5 in a row had Wednesday  off but sometimes  that's worst
    Struggled to sleep last night had a snooze  this afternoon
    Left run till late like last night wanted to do 3 but 2 was enough 

Els well done 

What 2 miles
    Why routine
    Last hard that 
    Lyrics  not sure
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning all.
    Track early doors, still too hot so just plodded with one very lethargic 100m effort 

Week has been insane. Mil missed her flight so we had to sort that, she's back now thankfully. Market on Saturday was awful as it was just too hot. Was about 40 degrees in the marquee so noone came in which was a pain. Sunday went to a fitness festival to volunteer. Got shouted at by a horse drawn carriage driver that Lucas was terrifying her horse and it was a road and she was allowed to use it. Lucas was sitting quietly on a blanket at the edge of the road not moving...I was directing runners, opening gates, directing traffic....anyway...not the best organisation...

Hoping this week is calmer though racing tomorrow night (slowly if this weather continues!).

Glad the shoulder's held up this morning ale. Am considering trying to get day 5 tickets for Tues next week.

Chick hope the cycling was fun and Pammie hope things are a bit calmer now.
    Els amazing well done!

Keep cool all!