Options

Wednesday 14th June 2023 xxxx I need somebody,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: xxxx I need somebody,
xxxx not just anybody

What: something shortly before it gets too hot

Why: base building/cake-baking, but it will be a long time before I put the icing on

Later I will be cake baking for Salvador's birthday tomorrow, including icing. Not that he will be allowed to eat it yet. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

That is a good way of putting it. 

What sort of (real) cake are you baking?  Well done on yesterday's session and good news on the shoulder.

Good to have a few days off Els.  Yes, we would like a report.  

Good luck with the P&L plan Chicksta.  They have got me good results in the past.  Maybe you will find an appropriate race or two.

Boo to the aching back Wabo - stretches?

Enjoy the two weeks Pammie.

Hope the race went well Emzap.

What: speedwork this evening
    Why: trying to make that a regular thing.  Currently trying to think of a good location (expecting it to be pretty warm and breezy)
    Last rest:  09.06.2023

Lyrics: no, yesterday's were Mothers Talk by Tears for Fears
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes Hazel, one of the most important things about speedwork is of course consistency!

Cake is just a simple sponge (now done): I use three eggs and the same weight in self raising flour, caster sugar and butter or baking margarine eg stork. Will probably do a lemon butter cream for the middle and a lemon water-icing for the top, with some sort of "Salvador is one" on it!

What: 66 minutes (now also done). 

Why: beat the heat. Longest run since before COVID when I had got up to just under 15k. Doubt that I could have managed that today so still not quite back to where I was, although not too far away. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    wow alehouse what a clever granddad salvador has! Hope run was ok - great that you are getting  back, I hope I might sometime in the next year!
    hazel I did tai chi and it helped then I took Cleo to ballet and waited as it was only a 45 min lesson, she was there for 2 and a half hours!!!! That didn't help the back. Misunderstanding in communication, not a happy nanna, it was the teachers who messed up. Enjoy your speedwork!

What: 2.3 miles bridges relay tonight up London
    Why: I haven't done this for years, I will be slow but I just want to do it
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 28/12
    Lyrics no
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    streak day 167
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck, wabo! Race sounds fun. Waiting 2 1/2 hours at the ballet school less so ;) 

Well done on the long run, Ale. Bet you're a really popular granddad when Salvador gets older. 

Hope you find a good place for your speed work, Hazel. I prefer the gym tbh. If things get tough I tend to give up more easily on the road, aka just slow down whereas TM is set to a certain speed ;) 

So today was 13k including 1 x 15 and 1 x 12 mins tempo work with 4mins inbetween. I ran outside for 6k, then hit the gym with 1k on the tready before doing the speedier stuff. I had no idea what pace to dial into but figured a shade under 5 mins per k which would equate to a 1:45 half marathon to be realistic. Last couple of mins were tough but I got it done. Rather a shock to the system after so much plodding lately 😬

Lyrics: yes!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry MIA yesterday busy day with PT session,shopping then a short run in 31 degree heat.
    We progressed onto barbell totally out of comfort zone and boy I enjoyed it.

Ale: you are a talented Grandad Salvador is one lucky boy.Well done long longest run so far post Covid.

Hazel Enjoy speedwork if enjoy is the right word :disappointed:

Wabo:Enjoy the relay tonight!! is it baking in London?

What: Easy run as body aching after yesterday
    Why: See above :)
    Last hard the heat yesterday we hit 32 degrees
    Last rest 28/05
    Lyrics yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wp it is baking, I have no idea how I will feel!! Hope your run is ok
    chick and your run!!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    You know the lyrics, Wabo, and I'm sure that you won't need any of the title this evening! Go well!

Not a clever grandpa: managed to lose my phone in the supermarket! Luckily I have it back as a lady picked it up and put it in her bag...and then forgot about it for a couple of hours. She eventually saw my house number come up on the phone, dialled it and said where she lives...and then I realised that I knew her! She goes past my house every day on the way to the allotments at the end of my road where she is the secretary despite being in her 80s. A relief!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry been awol for daughter #2 'mock' graduation in Manchester
    Ale - some sold runs the past few days! Shoulder behaving?
    Pammie - enjoy the weeks off
    Hazel - you're certainly hitting the sessions, don't overdo it
    Emz - Good luck getting the day 5 tickets (if it lasts that long!)
    Chick - the P&D half schedule is a beauty!
    Els - yes to a report please!
    WP - Hope the easy helps the PT aches....
    Wabo - good luck tonight

What - Hour easy
    Why - a few miles
    last rest - Friday 
    last hard - the weekend
    Just two very short runs this week - 5k out to Moss Side on Monday , just 3k yesterday around the Uni
    All I had time for, and bizarrely about 20 degrees warmer than Manchester normally is  :D
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 

Ale Lucky about your phone  
    Wabo hope all went well tonight
    Dustin  all the best to daughter #2
    WP hope the easy run helps 
    Chick sounds a good session 
    Hazel hope tonight  went well

What just over 3½ miles run walk run bits 3 minutes 
    Why something  easier  though not easy
    Last hard each run does its the weather