Options

Friday, 16 June 2023 - The weather's fine but there may be a meteor shower

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Good morning! 

Sort of communication related lyrics: The weather's fine but there may be a meteor shower

Glad you have your phone back, Ale. Hubby lost his once but someone handed it in at a lost & found at the other side of the city. Better than buying a new one though. Salvador is adorable and that cake looks fab. 

Well done, wabo! Bad news from Nottingham though :(  

Tasty reps, Hazel! 

It's not quite as hot here but it's turned muggy now and we lost the wind so it feels warmer than it is (betwee 26 and 28). Anything over 16 is warm for me and makes running feel hard.

Missed yesterday, but was out for a little over 10 miles. Just 3 today. Plan said rest or cross training so I figured an short plod would do the trick.

Enjoy your weekend, all. 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Another hot one! 

What: will be short plod, also

Why: have worked quite hard the last few days

16+ km sounds a lot to me in this weather, Chick!

Lyrics no, but yesterday's were Telegram Sam, T-Rex.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Loved the Salvador pics yesterday including the cake Ale, thanks.  Did he end up wearing it?  Missed the phone issue - will look back.  I have found one before and was able to reunite with the owner as a friend called him up and was surprised to get me instead.

Muggy hot is a lot worse than dry hot Chicksta.  Sweating doesn't work anymore.

Nice meet-up with your friends yesterday Els.

Horrible to hear that about Nottingham Wabo.  Bad enough when you don't have a connection.  Great racing, I love relays.

Another nice early start yesterday WP.  Hope your kitty starts eating soon.  The flopping bit in the heat is familiar and ours eat less but stopping altogether is a bit worrying.  Does he go out?  If so maybe he has an outdoor diet at the moment?  I saw a young cat with an enormous mouse this morning.

+1 to not liking getting up early Pammie

Another theme could be flying? The others are fine too.

What: 10k done before work with 5 x strides
    Why: beat the heat
    Last hard: getting up
    Last rest: 15.06.23

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

No cake for Salvador, Hazel: too young! Strictly for the adults! And although I say it myself, was popular!

What: just 25 minutes

Why: easy day. Managed to run most of it in shade, so the 26 degrees didn't feel too bad. Didn't run until lunchtime in the test, so 1pm GB time. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lovely photo's of Salvador and a great name as well.

Hazel: He loves being out and has a small group of cats he plays with.He had a little something this morning not much at all but have him in during day with fan on him and let him out at around 5pm.

Chick muggy hot is awful.

What 88 minute run
    Why getting  the mileage up
    Last hard: The heat
    Last rest 28/05
    Lyrics:No

Same route as yesterday nice an early but getting hot when I finished.
    Another 31 degrees day here.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Great cake ale! Enjoy your run if it's still  to come!
    WP poor kitty!
    Chick, even in the 20s here, not used to it but not pushing anything this week as recovery from ultra.
    Nice 10k hazel though sounds painful.
    So today was a 10m run, jog , hike, stomp through nettles ouch on South Ronaldsay coastal path. Was really lovely and ages since I've been down there. Start and end on a 1 mile beach, sadly saw 2 dead puffins and one gannet then up along the cliffs, down to a bay and up the other side to a gloup(collapsed sea cave) and return. Stopped at 7m to visit an old work mate who has retired and living there, not seen him in ages. Had to sadly refuse the little tub of honey from his bees to take back as the 3 mile hike jog would not have ended up very sticky!
    Then had lunch at local Egyptian/Scottish cafe on the way home! Falafel and flatbread and coffee cake!
  • Options

Some live puffins and Razorbills off South Ronaldsay yesterday - 2h paddling which I coped with but suffered later.