alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Hello, baby
Yeah, this is the Xxx Xxxxxx speakin'
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Oh, you sweet thing

What: easy run

Why: ran hard yesterday 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Enjoy your easy run ale.

Swim this morning. Lido was booked up so went on a friend's guest pass to the outdoor pool at David Lloyd instead. Now volunteering at junior parkrun.

Happy Sunday all.
  • Options
    Strawberry cheesecake, yum hazel!
    Lyrics no!
    Awol yesterday, another sunny though cooler walk this time over Costa Head in the sunshine with running friends. A bit of inertia involved in a large group plus coffee and cake at the end with 2 others who weren't running yesterday meant didn't get home until 4.30, then a bit of appraisal yuk and cooking dinner and a trip to see the pipe band and shetland yarl squad parade in Finstown complete with local floats, fancy dress etc. busy day!
    Quieter day today I think as befits being a whole year older! Trying to plan trip to see grandkids (briefly) and Thomas and Linn also briefly as over for their friend's wedding in Glasgow next weekend, potential of a bit of hillwalking/running before home.
    Emz, sounds busy as usual!
    Have a good Sunday.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Happy birthday, Els! 

Early swim, Emz!

What: just over 5k easy. Very wet underfoot in places after thunderstorms overnight.

Why: easy day 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I was also awol yesterday too hot for me.But off course I ran :)

Happy Birthday Els
    Nice swim  Emz
    Ale: Nice running.

What: LSR
    Why: It is what I do on a Sunday
    Last hard Today
    Lyrics : Yes
    Last rest 28/05

No storms here but temps have dropped slightly to 27  degrees.Longest run since 2019 10 miles!! it has been a long time coming.I had a tired body and legs so was very pleased to get it done.
    Tintin is a lot better I am keeping him in 10-4pm and it is working and he is back to eating well again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, Poppy and glad your kitty is on the mend.

Busy week, emz. That race sounds tough! I can imagine all pools and lakes must be super crowded. Our local lake hosts a triathlon today and hundreds of cars had to be turned away. There will be a lot of disappointed families I guess.

Has it cooled down after the thunderstorms, Ale? We had a short episode with a bit of rain yesterday but it only to more humidity and it's baking hot again today 🔥

Happy birthday, Els. Busy social day yesterday.

I bet the cake was great, Hazel. Took a leaf out of your book and opted for a no running Sunday. Early morning bike ride instead.

A little shy of 80k for the week.

No to lyrics. Yesterday's were Scream & Shout, Britney + will.i.am

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Evening

Happy Birthday Els!  If you haven't had enough cake yet I could save a bit of the strawberry cheesecake - it looks a bit ratty but does taste very nice.

Good you got your swim in Emz.  Great week of training.

No wet still here Ale - we got excited by a few drops of rain but that was all we got.

Well done on the long run WP!  Glad to hear Tintin is ok (love the name).  

80k for the week sounds good Chicksta - I only did 61 but with switching to more quality I didn't want to push the mileage on top.

Looking at my strava feed it will be interesting to hear from Dustin.

What: just over 50k cycled (with nearly 700m of ascent).  
    Why: do something other than running
    Last hard: the steep hill prior to a cold AF-beer
    Last good deed: cycled past an adolescent long eared owl sitting on the verge having fallen out of a tree.  We decided it wouldn't be a good idea to leave him there to be run over, eaten by whatever, or die of heat and thirst.  Took a while to find someone responsible (being Sunday lunchtime) but a local birdman came and took a look (uninjured) and popped him back up the tree with some impressive branch acrobatics.  Hope he survives it.  
    Last rest: 18.06.23

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Here he (she?) is, not a great pic but he got stressed if we got too close.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Belated birthday wishes Els
    WP - good work with the LSR, good news for Tintin!
    Chick - decent week's training
    Ale - Surprised the ground was still wet, the limited rain we had evaporated almost immediately!
    Hazel - epic Owl story!

What - Marathon
    Why - Foolishness
    Last rest - 09/06
    last hard - this morning

My club's trail half & full this weekend. I'm responsible for the finish line marshals, goody bags etc.
    Yesterday afternoon spent assembling various tents, gazebos and marquees. 
    This is our 8th year, and my 8th year of running the marathon. 
    9am start but it was just so humid today. Even by mile 4 I was drenched in sweat. 
    By around halfway, I'd already resigned myself to a run /walk strategy for the remainder. Never seen so many people walking early on. 
    84th (out of 236) in 4.53.18, and by some margin my slowest time on this course.
    Only 1 man broke 3 hours, just 23 runners broke 4 hours. Clearly not a fast times day!
    Plenty of work for the First Aiders after the half marathon too. 
    Post run was joining the finish team, then pack up & clearing away. 
    Tired now!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done on the owl rescue, Hazel!

Hoppit, Dustin! Or Hoppit, Dustin? Wondered if you would do it! Well done, both on the running and organisation!

Torrential rain here from late afternoon with localised flooding. Cricket abandoned. Will be paddling tomorrow!