Friday 21st July 2023 - Like a cat dragged in from the rain

Morning

Like a cat dragged in from the rain
Who goes straight back out to do it all over again

Used these before but it is a while ago.

Bit of work and a massage - back later!

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Rockin' Robin, Bobby Day from the 1950s. Most will be more familiar with the 13 year old Michael Jackson's version!

What: unsure

Why: heavy rain; helping at race this evening. Will run later if not earlier. 

Cricket was excellent with bright blue skies yesterday; today it looks like a different planet! And cricket reminds me that we haven't seen Emz for a while.

Hope Els is enjoying her trip!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    So massage d&d in the meantime.  

Work is ongoing, not lunch yet but I am already looking forward to the weekend (and food at lunch!)

You were lucky with the weather yesterday at the cricket then Ale, I guess less so with the helping out at the race this evening.

What will you be racing at the track meet Dustin?  

Positive news regarding you mum Wabo - great.  How did Cleo do in her show performance a couple of days ago? 

Hope the backpack fits well Pammie, tricky things.

What: MLR this afternoon
    Why: should be cool enough and juggling a bit for the weekend
    Last rest: 19.07.23
    Last hard: yesterday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

About 20  minutes d&d to feed the cat/avoid the rain. Sunny now, surprisingly!

Good news about mum, Wabo! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done getting the shorter one in, enjoy race help later
    wabo -good news about your mum
    Pammie - nice one, assume the backpack worked well? sometimes it's tricky to find one that sits right!
    Hazel - massage sounds good, hope the MLR goes well. Vets league Monday. I'm in for the 2k walk and apparently the triple jump as well (A scorer for V50 in both). Triple will give the knees a wake up call! Depending on that I may do the 800 and/or 3k "for fun"

What - Easy 5k first thing
    Why - trains late starting (post strike) so first one 7.40 rather than my usual 5.47 so went first thing rather than lunchtime in London.
    Last rest - 07/07
    last hard - Yesterday's longer one still loitering in the legs
    lyric - not so sure
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Must have heard my ears burning ale! Did you go to old Trafford yesterday? Great day!

I've been poorly with an ear infection which knocked me out. Then Lucas and I went to Devon last week and went swimming, paddling, general adventuring. Then was ill again beginning of this week. Last few days been walking, and did my first run in about a month on Wednesday. Got a 34 miler tomorrow which I'm very nervous about given my lack of preparation. We are planning on walking it though. 

Hope everyone else is doing well
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Hazel hope the massage helped 
    Dustin  best of luck  at the track meet 

Thanks re the backpack seemed OK probably need to readjust it for next time only slightly  though seemed OK

What 5.1 miles did include  some  walk breaks 
    Why going longer
    Last hard today
    Lyrics  no 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, Emz. Not so good to hear you've been poorly :( 
    Hope you survive the 34 miler. Sounds like a very long way. At least it's not too hot at the moment. 

Pammie: good backpacks are a rare find. I have an ancient Salomon one and I'm loath to buy a new one because I'm pretty sure it won't fit that well. 

Dustin: grrrr train strike. That sucks. Enjoy the vets league. 

Hazel: Amazing 10k yesterday. I couldn't even break 50 mins these days. 

I forgot to post yesterday. Slept in and did a quick 5k at lunchtime inbetween showers when the sun was hot and horrible (mugfest) but better than nothing. MLR of 11 miles today. Nice cool morning for it. 

Have a good weekend, all.