Monday 15th August 2023 I look like a little girl

Morning!

Lyrics: I look like a little girl
Living in a big man' s world

What: 30 minutes d&d

Why: beach run and trail in a very wet Wales

Yesterday's lyrics were Fox on the Run, a totally different version by The Sweet
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Afternoon

Sorry to hear about the weather Ale.  Hope it improves for the rest of your stay.  Beach and trail does sound nice though.

Hmm - Lake District!  Enjoy OH and Els.  Great to hear the meet-up with Ale worked out.  First in your age group can't be that bad Els?

Well done to the little one at junior parkrun Chamolk.  Decent 5k.  Good to see you back but not so great you have been pretty ill in between, especially as you have Chicago.

Short race report from Saturday:

23:01 for 5.3k - 2nd in my age group of 28 (a big one for 35-49 - I am right at the end of that) and 9th lady out of 64. Annoyingly I wasn't able to access the results online and had to leave due to family duties and therefore missed getting on the podium and a prize - never mind.  I was hoping for a faster result - average pace used to be my tempo pace but I think I really need to accept that I am really slowing down at the moment regardless of what I do and the conditions were pretty tough.  9:30 start but over 20 degrees, ridiculous humidity and the sun came out about 20 seconds before the gun went - not a great combination.  The sun promptly went back in about 5mins after I finished and the later 10.6k would have been wet and a bit cooler. 

The shortest flat race I have done in the past was 7.53k - I wasn't sure how to pace this even shorter one and of course set off rather too fast.  The first km always does feel ok but I then just got slower and slower and had to drag myself over the last km into the finish.   I did at least overtake some people during the race and I don't think any ladies got me in the last 1-2km.    One annoying incident - a bloke just ahead decided to visit the water station about half way.  He flung out both arms and crossed the narrow course, grabbed a cup, then crossed right back (flapping the arms again) so I had no choice other than to brake and he then threw the rest of his cup almost in my face (it hit my neck).  I had enough breath at the time to errm have words.   At least I then overtook him and didn't see him again...

I will likely have another go at this one a different year - maybe a longer distance (10.6k and 26k trail also on offer) but only if it doesn't collide with FIL's birthday..

What: trot down the hill + a bit on top
    Why: need to collect my moped from the station
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: 13.08.2023

Lyrics: another no - sorry
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Nice one Hazel
    What - easy 2 miles 
    Why - getting out
    last rest - 07/07
    last hard - US customs/NY traffic...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all 
    Jeez hazel, great running and what an idiot that bloke was! Glad you beat him and glad you could let off some words his way!! 
    Dustin nice one
    Lyrics think I should but can't think
    Alehouse nice running hope you're enjoying Wales
    What lots and lots of bits and pieces, Inc 2.7 run and 2 walk
    Why chasing squares and I'm through to the last 8, best ever
    Last hard today
    Last rest 28/12
    Night night
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can