Saturday 19th August 2023 With a little bit of this, And a little bit of that

Morning!

Lyrics: With a little bit of this, And a little bit of that

Yesterday's were Love is Like a Butterfly,  Dolly Parton 

What: 30 - 40 minutes easy 

Why: looking after my legs

That was very quickly back to work after your trip, Dustin!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Heading north ...
    Drop T at Penrith before driving to Carnoustie to visit a friend overnight.
    Ferry from Aberdeen tomorrow.

Lyrics yes 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Dustin sorry no pr today woke at 8 and I could have gone if I left then but decided  to have a rest day and run longer tomorrow  

What Rest (apart from work)
    Why feeling I need it
    Last hard Monday 
    Lyrics no 

Dustin  hope not too bad with jet lag 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Off out soon
    Pammie you obviously needed the sleep run well tomorrow
    Lyrics yes
    Ale have a nice run
    What off with oh to do a straight 5k off road
    Why for three weeks over only done bits and pieces
    Last hard yesterday last rest 28/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Uggh Dustin you are a dedicated employee. Hope you don't fall asleep mid rep today. 

Travel well OH and Els. I guess Skiddaw got ticked yesterday then. 

I guess one great thing about parkrun Pammie is if you miss a week then you can do it next week instead.Enjoy your rest day.

Hope the 5k goes well Wabo. How is the cough in the meantime?

Enjoy the easy Ale.

Currently watching the athletics, bloody hell those walkers are fast! 

Have a nice weekend!

What: 12k early ( by my standards)
    Why: ticking over and avoiding the heat. Ongoing hard: heatwave. At least until Thursday. 
    Last rest: 18.08.23

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel still coughing, daughter and granddaughter the same. We're all seeing the doc this week. 
    I got round the 5k, all off road and undulating. No walks but very slow. I carried a water bottle which I wouldn't normally but it helps when the cough comes. I feel really good just that I could do it. 
    Enjoy the 12k and athletics hazel. 
    Alehouse my first game tonight on my half price season ticket 🤣
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'll be looking out for you Wabo! And glad you managed the 5k;  my run was a struggle again.  Legs not happy still after either hills or driving. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Up skiddaw yesterday from latrigg car park then I ran down into Keswick...not v far but still a little run as today gonna be travelling and meeting up with friends. Dropped Thomas at station first before heading north. Bit sad ,might not see him for ages!
    Sorry you're ill wabo.
    Take it easy Ale. Did Salvador enjoy his trip to Wales?
    Sounds tough Hazel.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hey, just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Just taking a break from running. Hamstring got real bad and the heat did my head in. I'm feeling much better now that the pressure to put in those workouts is gone. I'm ticking over with speed walking, swimming, biking and lots of gym stuff. I'm really enjoying doing these things. Never thought I would say that. Probably going to rest those running shoes until the autumn now. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

I noticed that someone ran 15.42 at my local parkrun today! That must be pretty close to the record I guess. Our course is super flat but it has a number of out and back turns which really slow you down and break your stride. So kudos to that guy. 

Enjoy your weekend, folks and hope you get over that jet lag, Dustin. I just booked a 3-week trip to the US next year in April :) 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you,  Chick! But not to hear of the hamstring issues. You seem to be doing what you can. Don't rush!

Els, Salvi loved the beach, including eating sand, and loved the "bath", as he tried to call the sea.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Pammie - sensible decision, enjoy the longer run tomorrow
    Ale - good work getting it done
    Wabo - nice work from you too
    Hazel - well done on the longer run. I've spent much of the day watching the athletics too...
    Els - love that run up from Latrigg to Skiddaw!
    Chick - lovely to hear from you and hope the hammy soon repairs

What - track session
    Why - Saturday
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - that was. Aimed for close to mile pace (3min recovery). First two in 3.07 & 3.03, slight niggle in the hamstring so pulled up after one lap of rep 3 (89s), decided to try the last one, 3.03 again. 
    Think the hamstring was more a mental concern than a physical one. I'll pull the big boy pants on next time. 
    lyric - yes