Monday 28th August 2023 - I remember to this day

Morning

I remember to this day
The bright red Georgia clay

Creature is in the title..

Alehouse weather here today - will rain all day apparently.

Good luck for your race Pammie - looking forward to hearing about it!  You are doing great this year.   

Hope you are feeling better today WP.

I will likely get around the HM Dustin but not in a for me decent time will likely be a big PW over the distance - the 10k hard left me pretty knackered.   Nice trail run yesterday.

Enjoy the Lyla time Wabo and race well too!  Same one as Pammie?

Have a good start to the week.

What: nothing today
Why: running rest day
Last hard: yesterday's 10k at a harder effort (somewhere between what used to be MP and what used to be HM pace).  I think I also need to dump the shoes - annoying considering they weren't cheap and only have about 200m.
Last rest: today

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Lynyrd Skynyrd with Free Bird

Weather: currently 12 degrees and damp, although not actually raining. Typical Bank Holiday.

What: something later

Why: have to wait in for someone to change Internet and TV box

Enjoy ELVIS, Pammie, and I also wonder if that is where Wabo is heading. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Good luck Pammie and Wabo for today.

Hazel : Shame on shoes maybe use as gardening or walking shoes?

Well I have done a test and ......Covid my second bout but it is like a really bad head cold at the moment and hope it stays that way and get better ASAP.

Nothing for me again today.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

WP oh no hope you don't have it  too bad and recover well 

What Barking Park 5km 
    Why because I paid my money
    Last hard  today 
    Lyrics  No

Met Wabo at the start lovely to meet you again
    Unofficially  31:48 pleased it's quicker  than any of my parkruns in last year and a bit 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    We both run better than we thought we would pammie!! Lovely to see you, I did 31.53, really shocked!!
    Hope it doesn't get too bad WP
    Ale it was The same as Pammie, I didn't realise. Hope you're TV etc gets sorted and you get a run
    Hazel enjoy the rest
    Lyla did the kids race and the whole way round she said oh my god oh my god!! Funny kid she got her medal though
    What barking Elvis and kids race
    Why like pammie said paid the money
    Last hard that was, though not as much as I thought
    Last rest 28/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done Wabo & Pammie!
    WP - ah sorry to hear, hopefully you soon recover
    Hazel - enjoy the day off
    Ale - hope you get a run in (and it stays dry)

What - 12 miles easy trails
    Why - hastily arranged group run with some club pals
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - Saturday's track (for effort), but 10 yesterday, 12 today wasn't my brightest move...
    lyric - hmmm, no so sure
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Nice work, Pammie and Wabo! ELVIS seems to have suited you!

That's a lot of training, Dustin!

Take it very easy, WP; I only had a mild dose in February but still not sure that I have fully recovered. I think Wabo may have said similar...and "spoke" to Clink, formerly of these parts, the other day and she also said the same. She is still running, for fun, is living in Dorset and has opened an art gallery/studio.

Television (change of "box") did not happen; instead the guy had come out to fix my landline despite what my notification said! Probably more important as have had no landline since August 4th. 

What: 33 minutes plod

Why: fed daughter's cat and carried on for a bit! Only a few spots of rain. Have been back in traksters for the last couple of runs. Around 14 today but only about twelve yesterday when I ran. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.