Tuesday 29th August 2023 Xxx, the two of us need look no more

Morning!

Lyrics: Xxx, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for

Another creature! With Xxx being the name of the creature!

What: a run of some description later

Why: run to feel...and run to the weather. Currently very dark and rain forecast for the next few hours.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics, no.
    Showery here but not too bad. Just off for a run.
    Plan for day run, yoga, coffee with friend this afternoon then dentist! Busy day at work yesterday and tomorrow, catch up for my cancelled list last week.
    Son has successfully completed round of visiting his 3 sisters, all in the space of 2 weeks. Admittedly the youngest sister just got 2 hours while at the airport in Zurich, apparently the flight from cornwall to Stockholm went via Zurich! It is taking us best part of a year to do the same!
    Enjoy your runs all!
  • Morning

Dull and showery here.

Nice start to the day Els, not sure about the dentist later though.

Great racing yesterday Pammie and Wabo!  Pretty close together timewise.  

Nice double Dustin.

Sorry to hear about the Covid WP - get well soon.

Jealous of the tracksters Ale.  I must get to the UK again but reading about yesterday's travel chaos does put me off a bit.

Yesterday's lyrics were Me and you and a dog named Boo.

What: group (?) recovery later
    Why: Tuesday, easy week prior to HM at the weekend
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • WP - Covid, oh no get well!
    Hazel, indeed re travel chaos, having said that son had no problems travelling back Sunday. Where is your HM? Have yet to do a race while abroad, one day I maybe will! Unless you count England!
    Run was fine if slow and a little showery out.  Dentist should be OK, just to check on work done a month ago I think.
    Pammie, Wabo, nice racing folks!
    Lyrics, don't think so.
  • Morning

There seems to be lots of chaos travelling at the moment especially getting back to UK.

Pammie and Wabo so close in time well done to you both.Why ELVIS?

Hazel: Enjoy your run later.

Els Enjoy the run but not sure like Hazel about Dentist!

Thanks for all wishes over Covid this is my second bout I had my first in March lasted 2-3 weeks and very ill.This time feels like flu on day 3-4 and been for a short walk first time I felt like it but lots of resting and sleeping.

Lyrics no I don;t think so

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! Just!

Very frustrating, WP! ELVIS is I think the East London fiVe Interclub Series!

What: 69 minutes and 59 seconds (obviously didn't look at my watch!)

Why: missed longer run with M78 yesterday so did pretty well what we would have done on my own. Managed to stay dry, but it is now pouring.  Had hoped to garden...

Re lyrics, apparently they are about a rat and today's song appears in a film. As you know, I know little about films and always thought the song was about a dog!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I know these lyrics, think we had them a while back.  A favourite song - and yes a film about a rat
    Alehouse that is exactly what Elvis is
    WP Pammie and I were close the whole way round but as I got slower - she didnt!! lol
    busy busy els
    alehouse I feel dodgy about the 59 seconds, twitchy almost!! Ha ha
    what: off road with oh later
    why: lyla staying over her besties so we have a night off
    last hard yesterdays race
    last rest: 28/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm not putting my kit back on for a one second run, Wabo!
  • I think we'll allow you to round it up Alr!
    Wet here too, got soaked coming home from yoga.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Ale Tracksters I have a collection  hopefully  I won't have to  wear them for a couple of months

Wabo. Sorry 

What 5km though slower than yesterday 
    Why night  shift  tonight  so tomorrow  might not happen
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics yes even without  the clues 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Busy day Els
    Hazel - hope you find company for today
    Ale - definitely a wintery sort of day today, well done for the longer effort
    Wabo - Is the "V" for the 'v' in five or the roman numeral..?
    Pammie - good for you getting out

What - club night , nominally 5x1k, may not be full effort today
    why - schedule
    last rest - 16/07
    last hard - tonight I guess
    lyric - despite the clues, not sure still

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Pammie never be sorry you were just too fast but I tried to hang on and you made me catch up a bit with a club mate! 
    Oh too tired to run tonight so I went out alone and did just over 2 miles much slower than yesterday. 
    Enjoy club Dustin - it's the Roman numeral but also signifies that the races are all 5k or 5 miles
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can