Wednesday 30th August 2023 - Darken the city, night is a wire

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning all

Lyric - Darken the city, night is a wire

What - easy London miles lunchtime / coaching village group tonight
Why - Recovery / routine
last rest - 16/08
last hard - last night: 5 x 1k reps on undulating (& wet) grass. Felt very autumnal, even needed a second layer to put on afterwards...
Legs still a bit heavy after track / long run /long run the previous 3 days
Cut back now ahead of mile race on Sunday (eek)

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

Yesterday's were Ben, Michael Jackson, from a film about a rat!

What: 30 minutes or so

Why: ran longer yesterday

Most of August has been autumnal, Dustin! Currently pouring again. Supposed to be better weather from Saturday and next week; invariably is once the schools go back! And enjoy your easy days!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

We have had one of the hottest Augusts on record..  It did feel a bit chilly yesterday evening at the end of my group run (around 8pm) and the street lamps even came on as we were having a post-run natter.  Time to dust off the headtorch soon.

Swop your mile for an HM Dustin?

Forgot to answer yesterday: HM is around Lake Sarnen Els.  Not far from Lucerne and reasonably flat.  I have raced in Germany (Berlin and Frankfurt marathons, a couple of races in Stuttgart where I used to live) but that is about it.  One HM which took in bits of Germany, Switzerland and France too.  Good thing there were no passport / customs checks at the border!  I am a bit sceptical of the cost of travelling abroad for races and what might go wrong.  Swiss races are generally expensive though and staying away for one on top, so might actually be cheaper.

What: some sort of dress rehearsal for Sunday.  i.e. 1-2 miles at intended race pace.
    Why: pace check
    Ongoing hard: deciding what a sensible race pace will be!  I would like to run sub 1:40 but don't think I am up to it at the moment.   I will likely do the usual start too quick and die tactic on the day anyway.
    Last rest: 29.08.23

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Just found out Jodie and Cleo won't be back till Tuesday next week, return flight wasn't booked yet and that s when prices drop -got Lyla A bit longer!!
    Hazel that hm sounds nice! 
    Dustin that mile sounds like it will be fast and furious
    Alehouse I watched the film and I cried 🤣
    Have a good run
    What 5k easy later
    Why I want to
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 28/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hazel friend has returned from Romania on holiday bit of a shock to the system was about 40° out there

Do like the idea of that HM 

What 4¼miles run walk 
    Why default easy run walk post night shift
    Last hard Monday 
    Lyrics no but words seem familiar  
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just back from 1.6 warm up forest hills run then 4 efforts up a field hill and back down then home, with oh
    3 in total
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can